• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale out now surely?

Ron_Sheepskin

Toenailers go on about player development but we have still to sell on a Fopdale signing at a profit, that was very much the basis of our business plan over the last few years, now we have got plenty of big ideas but feck all money, perhaps a couple of coaches and a manager going up the road would free up the quarter of a million or so that a new man could use to get us out of the mire.
Trouble is, Tis' track record's actually pretty good and his approach to the game is admirable as you said. I've no idea what he's being payed, but let's assume it's slightly below the going rate for somebody with his track record, given that seems to be the case for out playing staff.

He's stayed when he's been in demand because he's got something of an emotional attachment to the club due to what we've been through and it's easier to stay than to move somewhere new.

If we look for a carbon copy of him in terms of achievement (can't see Exewebbers being happy about anything less?!) we'll have to pay more - firstly because the new arrival doesn't have the same emotional attachment so we'll need to appeal to his baser needs (money) and secondly because you always end up having to pay somebody a decent chunk more than they're already on to get them to move - in my experience anyway.

Not sure therefore that moving him on will save any money in the short term.....

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
If we look for a carbon copy of him in terms of achievement (can't see Exewebbers being happy about anything less?!) we'll have to pay more .
We aren't though are we ?

We shall be looking for the same again, a young manager in a lower league with a bit about him, say Liam Daish for instance. He stuck with the Fleet when they went down, has brought them back up, works on a tiny budget and has to constantly sell on, at a profit I might add, his best young players. We could double his salary and he still wouldn't be on close to Fopdale's plus we would be getting a manager that has actually won a major trophy.

What the dorkage on here are happy with don't enter into it, our cloth is pretty much known, we have to start cutting it appropriately.

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
Where were we before?
Where were we going?
Mr Quin Wanted to take us on the same time as Tis took the job, he ended up at Cambridge, where are Cambridge now? Short memories too many people! Bottom of the 1st Div are we? Hmmmmm! Would have chopped yer hand off 5 year ago!
Not happy!? Yes! I’m not happy! But I know we aren’t bottom because we have had a 15 point deduction and in administration and skint and owing xyz to some Peter and Paul etc.!
We aren’t dead and buried, a long way from it! There are many games and many points to get yet. If players read these boards and see defeatism, are we as supporters actually supporting the club we helped save and build a few years ago?
Under Tis we have had season after season of good! But the one Season where Tis gets unlucky breaks, bad results, misfortune, a few bad mistakes and all of a sudden people start getting on his back, getting on the band wagon for his goodbyes then in my view you must slap yourselves in the face and wake up!
We have an Exeter City AFC! I remember going to games where I was one of eight (8) on the away terrace, and I can name that 8! We have come a long, long, way. Now is not the time to splice the anchor. You don’t know what you have until you lose it! We have had some very good players come through the ranks of this club lately and many have moved on to bigger and better things, Tis could have gone too, many times, but he has shown loyalty, where is your loyalty? I can remember Eamonn Dolan saying to me in our darkest days, who motivates the motivator? Well it is us! Let us Motivate the Motivator!
The only way is up!
And where is Jimmy Quinn now? He is managing Nantwich in the Evo Stik League and according to my mate who supports them he's not exactly doing a great job. I'm happy the board chose Tisdale at the time and I stick by them now

Last edited:

Mackster

We aren't though are we ?

We shall be looking for the same again, a young manager in a lower league with a bit about him, say Liam Daish for instance. He stuck with the Fleet when they went down, has brought them back up, works on a tiny budget and has to constantly sell on, at a profit I might add, his best young players. We could double his salary and he still wouldn't be on close to Fopdale's plus we would be getting a manager that has actually won a major trophy.

What the dorkage on here are happy with don't enter into it, our cloth is pretty much known, we have to start cutting it appropriately.
So who's it to be then, Neil Light or Liam Daish?

I admit Daish would bring something different, a full head of hair and a fine beard.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is all pretty pointless, unless someone another club comes in for him, and Tis poured cold water on that last week in the E&E.

We can't afford to pay him off.

He doesn't seem to be a quitter.

So he's probably going nowhere.

His task is therefore to turn things around, and IMO the most likely way to do that is to get "harder" and more cynical, grinding out draws away and winning ugly at home. Which will go down badly with the fans (unless it works).

However I don't think he wants to do that, he's too set in his ways and we don't have many of the kind of players needed to play that sort of game anyway as apart from Coles he's brought in players in his own mould.

Alistair20000

Is this a replacement for The Cheese or an alternative ?

Instructions on proper usage would be appreciated please.

Poultice

We can't afford to pay him off.

He doesn't seem to be a quitter.

So he's probably going nowhere.
True that !

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
True that !
Snigger! I'm in tune with you (my in-laws will be proud)

Last edited:

FAN-TATIC

I remember all too well how Man Utd fans cried "Ferguson out, Ferguson out' in his early days at Man Utd despite his success at Aberdeen. How many of those who did so would admit to it today. Hardly anyone us my guess, why would they want to look so foolish? Today Sir Alex is regarded as one of the best managers in the world. Those United fans now know what they would have missed.

Tisdale is a similar to Ferguson in ss much that despite his successes there are those who will cry 'Tisdale out, Tisdale out'. Hopefully, our senior managers will show as much resolve as the directors of MU and stand by their selection.

Life is full of 'ups and downs' you don't chuck in the towel just because you
experience one or two 'downs'. You roll up your sleeves and face the challenge
square on. Unless of course you are like Pete USA and you just cut and run at
the mere whisper of a problem.

Tisdale will remain because he is building not only a team but a club. To him it's
like doing a jigsaw puzzle. You start with an awful mess, but bit by bit you fit
each piece into it's place and the more pieces you fit the easier it becomes until
finally the job is done.

I am not a quitter and I still have complete confidence that we have the right person in place. Toe-Nailer - Rose Tinter call me these if you like but it won't change my mind one iota.

Last edited:

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
perhaps a couple of coaches and a manager going up the road would free up the quarter of a million or so that a new man could use to get us out of the mire.
That money would not be freed up until their redundancy payments had worked their way through and that would probably mean that the wage bill is reduced in the next transfer window, giving the ability to bring in only a couple more players. To satisfy PeteUSA, one of them will have to be a keeper, but I doubt that the other would be a proven goalscorer. Who is going to want to come to a club flirting, if not already going steady, with L2?

The answer to where we are now lies with the players we have, possibly a season long loan player and Nobby playing with some urgency for a change.