• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale out now surely?

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Oh dear.. And I thought you were a daredevil or a Mafia boss...
Poults has self outed himself as one who has engaged in Suitage activities.

dommers

I think he should be under some sort of pressure. You can go on about having small budgets etc and historical positions - however if we take such a stance then there is no ambition.
Not at all it just takes years and years to build that following and the resulting financial rewards.

Just take Chelsea the only reason they are successful is because they have had money pumped in over 5-10 years. They have tried to be a better support base nationally and abroad and to increase their revenue this way but are still behind Liverpool who have had much less success during the last 10 years.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
The only way Tisdale goes is if Tisdale decides to walk...

no way the club will sack him.

Ron_Sheepskin

Before I start I'll confess to only being an occasional visitor to SJP due to family and distance - I know that for some that'll mean anything I think is invalid, however.....

I've read most of the pro-Tis and anti-Tis threads over the past months and I struggle to understand how much of our current plight is down to him. We're a club with low core support, pride ourselves on not over-spending having been burned once and watching what's going on down the A38. That means we can't compete for fees or wages with most of the other teams in our league, so whenever we unearth a gem we're going to lose him at the end of the one year contract, unless we get lucky and the gem or their agent isn't ambitious and after a bigger pay packet.

We don't seem to have unearthed any gems this season. That's going to happen, we have still taken a few punts - Noble, Bauza, etc but it looks like neither are going to be our next big transfer fee out. Taking a punt on these guys is exactly that - they're not all going to pay off.

It does sound like our commercial arm haven't got much clue so we're not able to compensate for our lack of core support or transfer fees. I don't see how that's Tis' fault?

I'm trying not to be a rose-tinter - I can't convince myself that we're going avoid the drop atm, but I equally can't see that any other manager we could afford would've made a big difference.

So Tis in, for me. Either lower our expectations or sort out the non-playing side of the club hugely.....

malcolms

Well you obviously don't think it's for debate either: "You may or may not agree with it but don't waste time and space discussing it......"
Selective editing don't work Mox.

Poultice

but are still behind Liverpool who have had much less success during the last 10 years.
You think Abo wouldn't trade League and FA Cup wins for one of the Poo's Chumps Leaugues ?

dommers

You think Abo wouldn't trade League and FA Cup wins for one of the Poo's Chumps Leaugues ?
I'm assuming you mean the Champions League win as they've only it once in 10 years and I'm sure he would but that wouldn't change the fact that Chelsea have been more succesful.

Poultice

I equally can't see that any other manager we could afford would've made a big difference.
You'll do for me Ron, this in essence is the issue, can we afford Fopdale ?

Nobody in their right mind would argue against his ethos, proper training facilities, plenty of good coaches, a decent stadium, nice little fluffy bonding sessions in Norway etc. etc. The burning question is can we as a Trust owned club, with two dozen leeches in tow, afford the bills ? We are trying to live to his aspirations with nothing to back it up, the one and only reason for our turn over continuing to rise has been success on the pitch, that has been the engine, now that has stalled we are going to be well short of money when it comes to maintaining the infrastructure that has been put in place.

Toenailers go on about player development but we have still to sell on a Fopdale signing at a profit, that was very much the basis of our business plan over the last few years, now we have got plenty of big ideas but feck all money, perhaps a couple of coaches and a manager going up the road would free up the quarter of a million or so that a new man could use to get us out of the mire.

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
Before I start I'll confess to only being an occasional visitor to SJP due to family and distance - I know that for some that'll mean anything I think is invalid, however.....

I've read most of the pro-Tis and anti-Tis threads over the past months and I struggle to understand how much of our current plight is down to him. We're a club with low core support, pride ourselves on not over-spending having been burned once and watching what's going on down the A38. That means we can't compete for fees or wages with most of the other teams in our league, so whenever we unearth a gem we're going to lose him at the end of the one year contract, unless we get lucky and the gem or their agent isn't ambitious and after a bigger pay packet.

We don't seem to have unearthed any gems this season. That's going to happen, we have still taken a few punts - Noble, Bauza, etc but it looks like neither are going to be our next big transfer fee out. Taking a punt on these guys is exactly that - they're not all going to pay off.

It does sound like our commercial arm haven't got much clue so we're not able to compensate for our lack of core support or transfer fees. I don't see how that's Tis' fault?

I'm trying not to be a rose-tinter - I can't convince myself that we're going avoid the drop atm, but I equally can't see that any other manager we could afford would've made a big difference.

So Tis in, for me. Either lower our expectations or sort out the non-playing side of the club hugely.....
Good post big Ron, it is refreshing to read something normal between the posts of the Pseudo Poo Chumps that usually dominate with their gross oversized egos and beer guts. At this club no manager is going to make a jot of difference to our normal place in league football which is 'comfortable league 2 and no more. We have 'romanced' league 1 and it has been wonderful if not a little overwhelming at times. Tis, get out now of your own accord if the right offer comes along before you add relegation to your CV. Also be sure many fans will do their best to belittle you big time when you are staring "failure" in the face. IMO it has all gone a bit stale and something is going to change and probably soon.....unless we suddenly have 5 wins on the trot and start blowing our little bugle again.

Poultice

I'm assuming you mean the Champions League win as they've only it once in 10 years and I'm sure he would but that wouldn't change the fact that Chelsea have been more succesful.
I do struggle with you Dimmers.

Abo owns Chelski, his opinion of what constitutes success is the only parameter, if he would trade what success they have had for what the Poo have done then, QED, Poo have been have been more successful, your's or my opinions don't enter into it.

What happens elsewhere doesn't matter, our abject form and Fopdale's inability to do anything about it is the only issue here, people are making very reasonable calls for him to go, the usual suspects are poo pooing them as always but let me remind you all that Tranny were even further up a rats arse when they decided to let John Barnes go and replace him with the physio, take a look at the table and see where they are in comparison to us and let's not even go to who it was that saw off Cheesy's Choker's play off chances last season.