• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale has no clue about goalkeeper selection!

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I see that putting Hamon in goal for the Gillingham game is the hot topic on the matchday thread, so I thought I'd voice my own opinion, if nobody minds.

Putting one keeper in goal over another because he's 'trained better the previous week' is an absolutely diabolical way of giving the nod to a keeper that been picked to make a first team start; where evidently Hamon wasn't told until shortly before the game! When you've got two young keepers, arguably niether of which is ready to be playing in League 2, you dont f*** the pair of 'em about by apparently punishing one of them for lack of input in training. Its absolutely ludicrous.

What Tisdale doesnt seem to realise, or if he does he couldnt give a toss, is that its the fans who pay to watch the games that he's buggering about. He pulled this stunt last season with Pym because Krysiak upset him, so he threw a kid into a situation where it looked for all the world like we were about to exit the league. Okay things worked out, but Tisdale took a crazy gamble in chucking an untried rookie in, just because he upset himself over Artur.

Fast forward to the Shrewsbury game and Tisdale's at it again! Drops Pym for unbelievable reasons, and chucks another kid in who's untried! I'm hearing nothing very positive about his display in respect of distribution etc or his performance in general, and evidently he was badly at fault with the Shrews first! The problem is that it gives the rest of the team the task of coming from behind to win, which they did admirably. Its a recurring theme with Pym also, but he's far from the finished product, and he will hopefully improve on his lack of dominance problems.

In the meantime, if we're serious about the playoffs, we have to get a journeyman veteran in, whether its John Burridge or Paul Jones (the welsh international, not Jonah!). We cant carry on with Tisdale tricks of playing games with two keepers niether of which are League 2 standard.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Mr.Sparkle

I see that putting Hamon in goal for the Gillingham game is the hot topic on the matchday thread, so I thought I'd voice my own opinion, if nobody minds.

Putting one keeper in goal over another because he's 'trained better the previous week' is an absolutely diabolical way of giving the nod to a keeper that been picked to make a first team start; where evidently Hamon wasn't told until shortly before the game! When you've got two young keepers, arguably niether of which is ready to be playing in League 2, you dont f*** the pair of 'em about by apparently punishing one of them for lack of input in training. Its absolutely ludicrous.

What Tisdale doesnt seem to realise, or if he does he couldnt give a toss, is that its the fans who pay to watch the games that he's buggering about. He pulled this stunt last season with Pym because Krysiak upset him, so he threw a kid into a situation where it looked for all the world like we were about to exit the league. Okay things worked out, but Tisdale took a crazy gamble in chucking an untried rookie in, just because he upset himself over Artur.

Fast forward to the Shrewsbury game and Tisdale's at it again! Drops Pym for unbelievable reasons, and chucks another kid in who's untried! I'm hearing nothing very positive about his display in respect of distribution etc or his performance in general, and evidently he was badly at fault with the Shrews first! The problem is that it gives the rest of the team the task of coming from behind to win, which they did admirably. Its a recurring theme with Pym also, but he's far from the finished product, and he will hopefully improve on his lack of dominance problems.

In the meantime, if we're serious about the playoffs, we have to get a journeyman veteran in, whether its John Burridge or Paul Jones (the welsh international, not Jonah!). We cant carry on with Tisdale tricks of playing games with two keepers niether of which are League 2 standard.
Is this a real person? (drunk)

AlanDevlin

No, not at all - some light entertainment before bed is most welcome.

flakey pasty

Your fishing gets more and more desperate, Pete.

Usemyname

I thought it was common sense to play one player over the other if they have been showing the hard work to do so, also isn't that the whole point of the youth system when it comes to it to bring players in like that else they would never get a chance, it worked out with Grimes

PeteUSA

Your fishing gets more and more desperate, Pete.
I'm not desperate! Okay I meant the Gillingham game but the points still the same! I wonder did you want to expand on your comment, since I'm finding it hard to understand why you think I'm 'fishing'! Do you agree that Tisdale did the right thing? Do you think that Hamon looked like he's ready for the number one spot? I know the sun is emmiting from Tisdales anus at the moment (since the petition fell through!) but I cant believe you agree with his GK stratagy?!

manc grecian

:D

How old is John Burridge now?

Nurse!!

motorservices

I'm not desperate! Okay I meant the Gillingham game but the points still the same! I wonder did you want to expand on your comment, since I'm finding it hard to understand why you think I'm 'fishing'! Do you agree that Tisdale did the right thing? Do you think that Hamon looked like he's ready for the number one spot? I know the sun is emmiting from Tisdales anus at the moment (since the petition fell through!) but I cant believe you agree with his GK stratagy?!
Pete, i do like you, i really do, but FOR FECK SAKE we won yesterday, we beat a side hat was 2 nil up at half time, yes the keeper was at fault for the first and yes we could have lost, BUT WE DIDNT, who cares if we got lucky, football is all about luck/rub of the green

enjoy the win, wait until we get smashed before going off on one about the keepers

Grecian2K

err? What Gillingham game is it to which you refer?

If you wern't such a loyal EW Spuddler I'd almost be tempted to "send you to Coventry"

But, in the interests of free speech, what were your views on the performance of the Shrews' glovesman?

Admittedly, until I saw it on telly the view from the BB was, obviously, far inferior than that from nearby Arizona? But, got to be said, for all three Rabbit caught in Headlights sprang to mind.

I eagerly await your 'expert summarising' of an alternative glovesman's performance.