• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale has no clue about goalkeeper selection!

CC

:D

How old is John Burridge now?

Nurse!!
Good shout Pete, according to Wikipedia Burridge is only 62 now so should be ideal. Also I noted his height was only 5 foot 11 (and he's prob shrunk in the meantime!)

Well-known Exeweb poster
no pt said it cant be expected for 19 year old not to have peaks and troughs fancy language for form really. as u say u see no reason but pt does and he watchs pym for ? mins per week. ..i but saying that we'd be down to one f.t keeper but we could hav used a yoof 4 the bench but i' m now really wondering why pt didnt let pym stay with the u 20's for the portugal trip. surely win win.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
How many 'keepers have we got? So if Pym were to get injured early in a game, who does Tisdale sub him with? I'm no expert 'keeper coach but I'll have a rough guess that it would be Hamon.

Perhaps Tisdale has a much better idea than you of what a decent 'keeper is and thus did not see Pym for Krysiak as a risk. after all he would hardly put the Club's FL status at undue risk just to make a point to Krysiak. As it turned out his judgment that Pym for Krysiak was not a risk turned out to be correct. In just a few months later Pym gets selected for the England Under 20's squad, not once but several times. Seems that someone else has a similar opinion of Pym as Tisdale does.

Tell me oh wise one, if Hamon is our only other 'keeper how apart from how he performs in training is Tisdale going to judge whether to select him for a League game? It was not that long ago that you, along with others were complaining that Tisdale should give the youngsters a go, when he does, that's wrong.

Tisdale, in selecting Hamon to play against one of the best, if not the best side in the League, has demonstrated his faith in the lad, which should do the boy the world of good confidence wise.

Time will tell if Tisdale is right in his judgement, but at the moment he clearly does not see the selection of Hamon has an unreasonable risk. Tisdale can point out to Hamon ( if it was necessary) that he got it wrong for the Shrews first goal and why, he can also point out to the lad that what he did in preventing their third was the right thing to do.

Me? I am quite a way from thinking that Hamon is going to turn out to be a decent 'keeper, but it's not my view that counts, it's Tisdale's. I do however, recognise that sooner or later he would have no choice but to play him. Better to do it by choice than by being forced to imo.
Just a few responses to your well reasoned post....

Your third paragraph Re: Tisdale having a better idea than me of what constitutes a promising keeper etc... Gwinnett might have a better idea than me, but Tisdale? No chance. Pym flat out wasn't ready for first team football last season, and I think it was irresponsible of PT to throw him in when he did when Krysiak was the resident number one, and had been all season. I think PT took a chance, never thinking of the possible consequences by doing what he did when he did. Dont forget the one game at that time in that youth cup game where Pym was responsible for two goals conceeded, and was still promoted ahead of Krysiak for the run in.

PeteUSA

Good shout Pete, according to Wikipedia Burridge is only 62 now so should be ideal. Also I noted his height was only 5 foot 11 (and he's prob shrunk in the meantime!)
Idiot! Do you think I dont know how old John Burridge is? I used him as an example of how badly I think we need a veteran keeper. I would have said Neville Southall who's probably in his mid 50's but he's got far too fat!

Last edited:

PeteUSA

no pt said it cant be expected for 19 year old not to have peaks and troughs fancy language for form really. as u say u see no reason but pt does and he watchs pym for ? mins per week. ..i but saying that we'd be down to one f.t keeper but we could hav used a yoof 4 the bench but i' m now really wondering why pt didnt let pym stay with the u 20's for the portugal trip. surely win win.
Isnt it simply easier to type the proper words as opposed to figuring out how to communicate all the time with that text-speak?

JRFowler

This is a total tisdale bashing thread, for that your completely wrong. If the lad has been training well he merits a chance. The only thing I'd perhaps agree on is that we could do with a more experienced keeper, but it certainly isn't a top priority.

malcolms

:D

How old is John Burridge now?

Nurse!!
62 and apparently living in Oman.... I did my coaching badges with Budgie and he was and probably still is, a 14kt nutcase.....

PeteUSA

This is a total tisdale bashing thread, for that your completely wrong. If the lad has been training well he merits a chance. The only thing I'd perhaps agree on is that we could do with a more experienced keeper, but it certainly isn't a top priority.
If it turns out like a Tisdale bashing thread, theres not much I can do. I dont have a lot of time for him, but in this case thats beside the point. Being enthusiastic, and being seen to train well doesnt constitute getting picked to play a league game at the expense of a keeper who has his weaknesses (just the one mainly) but who is generally sound. There could be something more to the story, like Pym copped an attitude, or this Chelsea connection crap got out of hand, but in the absense of any proof along those lines I think PT took a major chance.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Isnt it simply easier to type the proper words as opposed to figuring out how to communicate all the time with that text-speak?
no , not when i'm in bed on a small frigging screen. and no i'm not gonna buy a bigger one !!

elginCity

After a bad result, the Anti-Tisdale Brigade sensibly hunker down to lick their wounds, while Pete comes out all guns blazing shooting blanks.

He reckons Tis is reckless ! :D