• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale for Leicester?!?!?

Larry Wilkie

We usually get a new thread when a manager goes from further up the league.

Personally think it is a great shame that Ranieri should be shown the door so soon after winning the title.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've just seen a stat that Leicester City are the 24th richest club in Europe. They can afford a top manager from a European league.

dontpassback

Stupid decision,he wins them the premier league which was an outstanding feat,still in the champions league,then they sack him.i think he would have kept them up.the players have let it go to their head and if as reported Mancini rocks up then they will get what they deserve!

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Shocking decision, but not surprising frankly in the money obsessed and dull Premiers__te

PeteUSA

Back to the thead topic:

Tisdale to Leicester? Not a chance. He wouldnt be having morning coffee in The Milkmaid with his chairman mate there.

Terryhall

It's crazy to sack him so soon after winning the title.

But, money talks and this was a business decision, not a football decision.

Is he the man to motivate a team in good form and morale to a title push? Obviously yes.

Is he the man to turn around a slump and dig his team out of a relegation battle? This season points to no.

It epitomises everything wrong with modern football but when you look at it rationally you can sadly see how the owners made the decision they did.

The real tragedy will be when some big name with a track record of PL failure gets parachuted in (Pardew, Sherwood, etc) or the usual high profile players with little or no management experience get linked (Giggs)

I'd like to see it go to Rowett.

elginCity

We'll never know now whether that Vardy goal in Seville would have kick-started Claudio's Foxes. A new manager is as much a gamble as sticking with a faltering one and hoping they turn it around, but in this instance Ranieri had earned the right to be given the opportunity.

How far is it from Bath to Leicester ?

Alistair20000

I hope the feckers get relegated.

andrew p long

It's crazy to sack him so soon after winning the title.

But, money talks and this was a business decision, not a football decision.

Is he the man to motivate a team in good form and morale to a title push? Obviously yes.

Is he the man to turn around a slump and dig his team out of a relegation battle? This season points to no.

It epitomises everything wrong with modern football but when you look at it rationally you can sadly see how the owners made the decision they did.

The real tragedy will be when some big name with a track record of PL failure gets parachuted in (Pardew, Sherwood, etc) or the usual high profile players with little or no management experience get linked (Giggs)

I'd like to see it go to Rowett.
Yes,just because Ranieiri has had a bad 2016-17 season so far (albeit just one 1-0 home win from the Champions League quarter finals!) doesn't mean he wouldn't (as Elgin points out)) be about to turn it around with a long unbeaten run.

We of course have the starkest of examples. In mid November it would have been easy to say that Tis wasn't ' the man to turn round a slump and dig his team out of a relegation battle... the season points to no'. It could be that Leicester under Ranieri are about to embark on a 12 match unbeaten run...their League position is much better than City's was in mid November.

Ranieiri is a class act (unlike the owners who pledged unwavering support a fortnight ago). Form is temporary but class is permanent

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
If we had Leicester's money I would have been in favour of PT getting sacked in early November. With our resources we are never going to find anyone remotely as good as Tis. He has always been punching below his weight because he prefers the freedom he gets at ECFC. He has consistently tried to build, and if our financial situation didn't always mean we had to sell our best players we'd be in the Championship with Tis by now. Luckily the extra financial stability of the last year or two has meant we've held on to key players and now we're seeing the results.