• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale:- Artur to blame for our loss at Bury?

Bittners a Legend

Was it a straight red for Coles?
Unfortunately not.

I wasn't at the game and have only seen the 90 second highlights but the free kick goes over the wall very low. Did it take a deflection and if not could the wall have jumped higher to block it? It's very unusual for a free kick to end up so low having gone over the wall. As usual another defeat is anybody but Tisdale's fault. Nothing new there.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ok so only 1 match ban then. Dissapointing.

crocks

Not an easy shot with the deflection but again it was low to Artur's right which seems to be a common theme for him this season.

Bittners a Legend

Not an easy shot with the deflection but again it was low to Artur's right which seems to be a common theme for him this season.
As I said I wasn't at the game and it does look a poor goal to concede but low to the right is pretty much the only place you wouldn't expect the ball to go from that free kick.

Generally speaking the wall should be protecting one side of the goal and Artur the other. If it goes over the wall you are expecting it to be top corner and not bottom right.

Anyway regardless it might not have mattered if we hadn't, yet again, failed to muster up a goal (or shot on target until 85 mins).

thermopylai

At no point in the quotes reproduced in the article does Tis directly blame AK - he refers repeatedly to a "soft" goal, which implies the defence as a whole is at fault. He also mentions the deflection thus implying an element of bad luck.

This is really shoddy journalism from James - who I had thought was usually quite good, so I am surprised. The opening line - "pointed the finger of blame firmly at the feet of goalkeeper Artur Krysiak" - is simply misleading, and is encouraging readers to interpret what Tis has said a certain way.

Now you may all conclude that Tis is placing the blame on AK (although this usually is not his style in interviews), and you may be right. But what is certain is that any such criticism is implied, not "pointing the finger firmly". This sort of article could put pressure on AK - maybe make him think Tis is blaming him personally - and thus affect his confidence. At this point in the season we really do not need shoddy journos trying to stir ideas of conflict in the dressing room.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agreed thormopylai

and tbh I make pt right, it was a soft goal to let in, and thats the
way it goes for us, atm if the defense doesn't f' up then we can always rely on our erstwhile goalkeeper to oblige. We should have got rid of him 2 seasons ago when it was apparent the constant errors weren't going to be eradicated anywhere near quickly enough.

Bittners a Legend

Agreed thormopylai

and tbh I make pt right, it was a soft goal to let in, and thats the
way it goes for us, atm if the defense doesn't f' up then we can always rely on our erstwhile goalkeeper to oblige. We should have got rid of him 2 seasons ago when it was apparent the constant errors weren't going to be eradicated anywhere near quickly enough.
Oh dear. You're hilarious. All 'keepers make errors. Krysiak has made very few this season. He plays behind a quiet and slow defence. I would be surprised if he didn't find a League One club willing to take him on in the next 12 months.

At no point in the quotes reproduced in the article does Tis directly blame AK - he refers repeatedly to a "soft" goal, which implies the defence as a whole is at fault. He also mentions the deflection thus implying an element of bad luck.

This is really shoddy journalism from James - who I had thought was usually quite good, so I am surprised. The opening line - "pointed the finger of blame firmly at the feet of goalkeeper Artur Krysiak" - is simply misleading, and is encouraging readers to interpret what Tis has said a certain way.

Now you may all conclude that Tis is placing the blame on AK (although this usually is not his style in interviews), and you may be right. But what is certain is that any such criticism is implied, not "pointing the finger firmly". This sort of article could put pressure on AK - maybe make him think Tis is blaming him personally - and thus affect his confidence. At this point in the season we really do not need shoddy journos trying to stir ideas of conflict in the dressing room.
He's given the impression of significant bias against Krysiak for a couple of years. Produced several quite unpleasant articles about Krysiak during our League One relegation - including I believe an attempt to basically solely blame him for our relegation.

Last edited:

rp42

Tis-Stale is a joke manager end of,yes he got lucky and took us to our best league finish ever but since that we've dropped quicker than the knickers of one of those nice ladys down Union street(tisdale)Doors that way,turn off the floodlights on the way out.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe Artur has told Tis he's leaving?

arthur

Maybe Artur has told Tis he's leaving?
"I'm sorry boss, you can't seriously expect me to spend another season playing behind Coles can you?"