• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale:- Artur to blame for our loss at Bury?

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I just cant believe what I'm reading in todays WMN. (somebody please post the article on here please, Cos I dont know how to.)

Tisdale is actually blaming Krysiak for our defeat at Bury. The first part reads "Exeter City manager PT pointed at the feet of goalkeeper Artur Krysiak, whose error cost us the chance of getting anything from the trip to Bury on saturday"!

From the available footage I've seen, the goal I assume Tisdale talks about is the first one, where their striker tries a speculative shot from the edge of the penalty area, and the ball creeps inside the post! Okay Artur might have done better, since his vision was plainly obstructed when the ball was struck! Okay, he appeared to make the distance across the goal to the shot, but Tisdale doesnt seem to want to consider that AK's view of that shot was, in my view, plainly obstructed by several players from both sides!

In any event, I think its an absolute disgrace that in this article for all of Devon & Cornwall to read, Tisdale appears to be blaming the defeat on ONE PLAYER, Our first choice keeper! Nice confidence booster for AK eh!

No manager goes to the press, and flat out blames any player, let alone a goalkeeper with a lot of crucial games coning up!

This is just another example of how Tisdale has no clue about football selection and management. We need AK to be as sharpish as possible with the run of fixtures we've got coming up! Yet the most damaging thing Tisdale could have done for Krysiaks confidence is to flat out blame him for a defeat? No mention of Coles in Tisdales comments I notice. His attitude is a disgrace and he should just be let go!

denzil

So Artur may have cost us a goal -SO WHAT TISDALE !! We'd still have lost 1-0 and to be honest Artur has kept goal very very well this year considering we have a **** defence !!

arthur

The utter drivel is here

I'd caution against reading it - it's profoundly depressing and just the sort of crap you'd expect to emanate from the Fuhrerbunker

Grecian_Jay

He does seem to have a regular habit of blaming any decent player we have. Coles, Oakley, Sercs, Bennett etc are never to blame.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Coles should never have given away a free kick in such a stupid place in the first place. That is where the blame lies.

denzil

Wouldn't it be nice just for a change "The blame actually should rest with me - I pick the team and devise the tactics - the buck stops with me!"

East Devon Clown

Putting the fun and the mental back into fundament
From the available footage I've seen, the goal I assume Tisdale talks about is the first one, where their striker tries a speculative shot from the edge of the penalty area, and the ball creeps inside the post!
1. It wasn't a speculative shot, it was a free kick and Artur had time to organise the wall and prepare for it. Artur got there and should have saved it.

2. The shot was from outside the penalty area and was hardly travelling like a rocket.

3. As stupid, unneccessary and petulant as it was for Coles to bring down the Bury player, he did so at what should have been a safe distance to defend all but a pinpoint free kick. This was not one of those. It was a soft goal.

4. There is little to be gained from the manager blaming the goalkeeper, but it speaks volumes when a player pretty much gets himself sent off in the middle of a relegation battle and escapes any criticism at all.

I just hope that Coles's ban provides Tisdale with a better side for the next few games, until he inevitably gets recalled.

Grecian_Jay

Was it a straight red for Coles?

Red Devon

Artur was wrong footed by a deflection that's what did him...no way would that ball of ended up in the net without that deflection!

East Devon Clown

Putting the fun and the mental back into fundament
Was it a straight red for Coles?
A few minutes between 2 yellows.