• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale Appointment absolute disgrace!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
grecIAN Harris said:
It's relevent because they knew like we did last night. Nothing official had come out but it was all done and dusted befoe The Echo went to print. I haven't read the official site so couldn't comment further at the moment.
LOL! You haven't actually read the official statement, yet you're going on about what has/hasn't been said by the board and Tisdale!

Next, you'll be criticising the side without even seeing them play...

ianaplincorners

MJP_Exeter said:
Can i just say that itis more of a disgrace that people are saying that a potential manager is a disgrace. Whats he ever done to you lot. Just say we do go for Tisdale and he wins us promotion then you will all love him. Whichever of the three it is then we should back them 110%.
agreed, but 110% is not possible, he gets my 100% support until it all goes tits up as it almost certainly will at some stage! Hopefully that wont be until after he has at least got City back in the league!!

grecIAN Harris

I've read the press release from this morning Denz and all I'm seeing is Tisdales resume, how he is going to work well with the board and that he has a good work ethic which he plans to instill in the squad. Just run of the norm for press conference introducing a new manager. Still no words from the man himself or am I reading the wrong story?

Grecian2K

grecIAN Harris said:
how he is going to work well with the board and that he has a good work ethic which he plans to instill in the squad
Why did I read that sentence and think of our EW friend Private Fraser? Or Corporal Jones, come to that???

Still, with our own Captain Mainwaring still in the background (complete with mobile) do we need to PANIC just yet?
Only time will tell.

Grecian2K

Grecian Max said:
Next, you'll be criticising the side without even seeing them play...
Oi Max. Don't dis the Transatantic Pete (or GrecIAN for that matter).
Surely you know by now its an EW tradition!! ;)

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
FFS !..............

Typical City - Cheap Option.

Poor Choice -

Experienced Manager ?????? - Yet another puppet for Perryman to tell what to do - Poor Choice City Very poor Choice IMO. - We needed an experienced League/Conference level manager - yet weve gone for a bloke who has been running a students team -

Perryman out !.

MattGrecian

I can't actually believe this thread (well, of course I can, this is exeweb). Having just returned like Credy, I've had a depressing few hours reading the drivel posted by some on here. For example:
grecIAN Harris said:
... it will be obvious to a blind man with a paper bag over his head what has ultimately got him the job. The wrong reasons.
Bloody hell, apparently grecIAN Harris was in the interview with Paul?

Truth be told, not a single one of us know enough about Tisdale to make accurate comments about his actual role at Team Bath - one of the most successfulling football projects in terms of success:resources in the country.

I guess most on here were looking for the quick fix, Quinn to come in make all the right noises, sign some big name big wage 30-somethings from league 2. Well that would probably be great for next season and maybe we would go up but look at Quinn's record past that... it's pretty average truth be told and certainly not the appointment I wanted.

I'm all about the future. Tisdale looks like an exciting appointment, and having spent SEVEN YEARS at Team Bath like someone who will stick around and make a difference here. I agree we may not go up next year, we may even miss out on the play-offs, but this i would blame on the timing of Inglethorpe's departure.

On the other hand we might start playing some attractive and exciting football and start to build something lasting; not just for this season.

These are, in my view, exciting times to be an exeter city supporter - the club seems to be moving in the right direction off the pitch (when was the last time we could say that?) - we seem to be getting the rub off the green (Huxham) and we have a new exciting young manager with some serious room in his transfer budget.

Actually, on second thoughts rubbish, sack the board, i'm not going anymore... Short memories me thinks.

Poultice

The voice of reason returns.
Thought you were too bored to read all the threads.
We have an experienced manager, he just doesn't want to be called that. Get used to it cos I don't think any major changes in the management structure are likely, judging by the smooth transition from puppet who was developing an opinion, to new puppet with advanced instruction taking circuitry.
Anyway it is all we have got so get behind them, then start getting frenzied for the fixtures, due out this week, sometime, maybe.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Sorry - But i think im going to find it very difficult to back a man with so little experience.

Very Poor Choice AGAIN by City IMO.

EXPERIENCED - They Said.

Has Paul Tisdale ever managed a league club ? has Paul Tisdale ever managed a top level conference club ? NO.

Team Bath - A Micky Mouse Students team thats Who.

Money yet again wins the day with City.

Very Very Disapointed.

Good Luck Paul.

Last edited:

LammieLammieLammie

CREDYGRECIAN said:
Money yet again wins the day with City.
Credy, why is that? Do people think that we are only paying the minimum wage or something compared to what the other candidates would have been paid?

I really don't think that the decision was made based on the fact that Tis may or may not be paid a different rate than the others.

LLL

Status
Not open for further replies.