• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale Appointment absolute disgrace!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Credy - lest we forget who you were clamouring for when AI first resigned. A managerial combo with ZERO experience, less a manager with four promotions in 7 years plus better qualifications.

Oli

Very well known Exeweb poster
Credy - out of interest how much should we be paying for a manager?

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Jason H said:
Credy - lest we forget who you were clamouring for when AI first resigned. A managerial combo with ZERO experience, less a manager with four promotions in 7 years plus better qualifications.
From what league ?? - The Devon & Exeter ?? ........

I Would say for certain that Tisdale would be a cheaper option than JimmyQuinn would be -

Paul Tisdale - Im behind you & hope you win us the league - sadly i can see a mid table finish once again -

Four Promotions in 7 Seasons ?? - at a low level of football while Jimmy Quinn has managed in the conference - promoted teams from the conference and has football league experience........is there any comparison for me NO.

Its got to a sad situation as a City fan that were satisfied with Conference football & inexperienced managers who have proved nothing apart from getting a few promotions with a School Team.

This appointment for me is typical City - TINPOT.

bostin

Funny thing happened to me at the world cup...it's a small world I tell ye.

I sat next to this England nut at Saturday's game in Gelsenkirchen (which was an absolute disgrace of a town btw, totally unprepared for the occasion...however I digress) and after a while after detecting a West Country twang I asked where he was from. Bath, he tells me. I tell him I'm from the West Country too, near Exeter in fact and am a City fan. He turns out to be Bristol Rovers through and through but then he starts asking me what I thought about the Tisdale appoinment. I then told him in no uncertain terms what I thought and he started laughing. It turns out being in the football circle in Bath he actually knows Tisdale...in fact a friend of his used to go out with him. I then tried fishing for info in between the extra time intervals and he goes on to say he'd be very surpirsed if he cuts it at the higher level. Nice guy and all that but league manager?...don't think so.

So there you go...a little inside info from what turned out a very dejected someone in the know. And to think I turned round to him at one point and said "Ah, Stevie G's stepping up now...there's no way he'll miss." Hey ho.

Antony Moxey

Jason H said:
a manager with four promotions in 7 years
This four promotions in seven years has been mentioned quite a few times now, but to be honest it means nothing. Those four promotions took a team from six divisions below us to two divisions below us - wow, definitely the calibre of manager we want for a club whos current plan is to be four divisions higher than he's ever been before.

I got City from the old Division Four to a European Superleague in ten seasons on Football Manager - does that make me a suitable candidate too?

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Antony Moxey said:
This four promotions in seven years has been mentioned quite a few times now, but to be honest it means nothing. Those four promotions took a team from six divisions below us to two divisions below us - wow, definitely the calibre of manager we want for a club whos current plan is to be four divisions higher than he's ever been before.

I got City from the old Division Four to a European Superleague in ten seasons on Football Manager - does that make me a suitable candidate too?
Totally 100% agree - Micky Mouse Football. - We might as well go and find if the manager of City Supporters Sunday side fancys the job.......

Poor City Poor.

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm not getting involved. It's been more than a week now and he's family. Let's get behind him.

crocks

bostin said:
Funny thing happened to me at the world cup...it's a small world I tell ye.

I sat next to this England nut at Saturday's game in Gelsenkirchen (which was an absolute disgrace of a town btw, totally unprepared for the occasion...however I digress) and after a while after detecting a West Country twang I asked where he was from. Bath, he tells me. I tell him I'm from the West Country too, near Exeter in fact and am a City fan. He turns out to be Bristol Rovers through and through but then he starts asking me what I thought about the Tisdale appoinment. I then told him in no uncertain terms what I thought and he started laughing. It turns out being in the football circle in Bath he actually knows Tisdale...in fact a friend of his used to go out with him. I then tried fishing for info in between the extra time intervals and he goes on to say he'd be very surpirsed if he cuts it at the higher level. Nice guy and all that but league manager?...don't think so.

So there you go...a little inside info from what turned out a very dejected someone in the know. And to think I turned round to him at one point and said "Ah, Stevie G's stepping up now...there's no way he'll miss." Hey ho.
It doesnt bode well does it?

Perhaps it would have been better to appoint SP as caretaker until someone with genuine experience was available. Or an ex-prem/high profile player with good contacts (I am thinking of the Denis Wise/Gus Poyet partnership that has been recently appointed at Swindon).

Still, Paul Tisdale has been appointed now. All we can do is wish him the best and hope that he does have the ability to create a team that can get City promoted.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
My point is about someone who clamours for City to appoint someone (or two people) with ZERO experience then chastises City for appointing someone with seven seasons of experience (albeit at a lower level) due to inexperience.

Let us not condemn before we know the full facts, eh? If he turns out to be a stinker then fair enough, but for now I am 100% behind Tisdale.

Antony Moxey

I too will support the guy, same as I have the previous FIFTEEN managers since my first game twenty five years ago. Just saying that certain stats can be misleading, the promotions one being one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.