• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tinpot...

squiz

No the point was inaccurate so open to ridicule!

Harris

Oh & Arris this is banter where you reply with what you feel are witty & sometimes humorous replies to others postings,
picking up on errors, misconceptions, inaccuracies & anything else that you want.
If it was meant to be serious it old be called the something else in your case "Excuses for the Gargoyles", if this is beyond your comprehension perhaps you should stick to that poshtotti thing you have down there, sorry forgot that's busy with arguments & counter arguments about the redevelopment, how many seats you need, how many tiers, footprints. Just waiting for some idiot to the old grandstand "listed" wouldn't that be a laugh, I wonder how you do that' must google it!
To be honest squiz, i'm used to more engrossing banter than reverting to grammatical errors, slight inaccuracy and pedanticism, it's all very boring when banter starts dwindling down to that. I bet you wish you were busy with arguments and counter arguments about new stands, you could do with a couple of them yourselves.

Last edited:

squiz

We watch football as a form of entertainment, following a team is a form of tribal behaviour that is part of the human make up. It allows normal civilised people to act in ways that would not be acceptable in most modern societies aptly demonstrated by yesterday's behaviour of some fans.
As an apparently intelligent person by your posts, this is demonstrated by your total loyalty to a commercial organisation.
an organisation that at present is being used by a businessman to facilitate a multimillion pound redevelopment.
The question is once he has made his money will he just put the club on the market ala "Crawley" ever heard of asset stripping.
You no longer own your ground, all excess land used to pay off debts, money invested probably in the form of loans.
Looks like a Ken Bates clone buy them cheap strip all the assets build a hotel etc then sell.
I hope for your sake the writing on the wall is wrong & that's not you murals by the way.

squiz

You obviously do not look at exeweb that often do you, plenty on here about redevelopment.

Harris

We watch football as a form of entertainment, following a team is a form of tribal behaviour that is part of the human make up. It allows normal civilised people to act in ways that would not be acceptable in most modern societies aptly demonstrated by yesterday's behaviour of some fans.
As an apparently intelligent person by your posts, this is demonstrated by your total loyalty to a commercial organisation.
an organisation that at present is being used by a businessman to facilitate a multimillion pound redevelopment.
The question is once he has made his money will he just put the club on the market ala "Crawley" ever heard of asset stripping.
You no longer own your ground, all excess land used to pay off debts, money invested probably in the form of loans.
Looks like a Ken Bates clone buy them cheap strip all the assets build a hotel etc then sell.
I hope for your sake the writing on the wall is wrong & that's not you murals by the way.
Unfortunately due to the calamities caused by past boards Brent is doing what has to be done, it will make our club self-sustainable by bringing in non-match day profits on top of our profits from gates. Every owner of a club is a businessman in some context, unless you're billionaires, you cannot come into a club splashing cash around without making profit, money has to be made. Brent understands the loyalty and passion the fans show for this club and he himself is starting to grow on football, he has proved this by following Argyle all around the country with his son watching games and showing true passion for the club and I doubt he would go through all that effort to purely deceive the fans. I have absolutely no concern that he is in this purely as a business venture alone, If he makes Argyle the center of an enterprising zone, attracting people from all over the south-west then I don't see how it cannot be a positive thing? And we get a brand new stand. If he is looking to sell once he has built the site, surely the redevelopment would make the club a much more attractive proposition for future investors? Put it this way, I am not worried about our future with Brent in charge.

Harris

To be honest no, I don't look on here much, your fans can speculate about redevelopment as long as you want, until I see written and finalised plans I'll carry on believing that you're keeping your shed of a ground as it is.

Last edited:

squiz

Well good luck with that, I truly hope your confidence is well founded.
Will people travel to Home Park for a cinema, an ice rink & some shops from all over the South West doubtful. But if they do how much of the income will go to PAFC minimal I would suggest. After all he has a £50 million bill to pay off.
The problem is when he comes to sell there will be little collateral left with the Football Club & little prospect for financial gain for the future buyer not a good selling point.
I think I prefer our "Tinpot" set up at present, yes we have to live within our means but if it means security for ECFC for the future so be it.

Harris

Well good luck with that, I truly hope your confidence is well founded.
Will people travel to Home Park for a cinema, an ice rink & some shops from all over the South West doubtful. But if they do how much of the income will go to PAFC minimal I would suggest. After all he has a £50 million bill to pay off.
The problem is when he comes to sell there will be little collateral left with the Football Club & little prospect for financial gain for the future buyer not a good selling point.
I think I prefer our "Tinpot" set up at present, yes we have to live within our means but if it means security for ECFC for the future so be it.

Well Brent has set up a question and answer meeting where those sort of questions will be answered, if we aren't happy with what he has to say then we won't stand for it and it won't happen, the fans have massive say in this redevelopment.
It will definitely attract people from the south-west, we've been told the stand will have facilities like no other in this county, surely that's an attractive trait?
As for the 50 million pound bill, that will not be clubs debt, that will be Akkeron's debt and the club is kept completely separate from his businesses, any money the club makes, the club keeps. For him to take the profit made by Argyle would make no sense as it would leave Argyle in a dire financial state and considering he owns club he would would be the one having to pick up the pieces. I'm glad you are contempt with a tinpot set up, however having no aspiration will never see your club get much higher than a mid-place league one finish but I suppose if you're happy with that, good for you :)

Last edited:

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Once again, being very pedantic and avoiding the actual point of the comment. It's literally what secondary school students return with when they have no viable reply worthy of recognition. Your comment basically proves my point about why you should be embarrassed, you got beaten by a sleeping giant below you in the table, how poor. That is correct, yes, but on that logic why should we care about any result ever? I mean after all like you said, it all means diddly squat in years to come, I tell you what why don't we just stop watching football seeing as results mean so little.

Have a good Easter yourself pal.
For such a great giant, however poor you feel you might be, being seventeen points behind your little ol' country cousins whose ground is falling down with an away not fit for human habitation must be ridiculously embarrassing. Just think, had we not gift wrapped four points for you, you'd be 21 points behind us and be right in the sh!t for tomorrows game. Oh dear, how sad. You might have won yesterday but we still have the last laugh.

Harris

For such a great giant, however poor you feel you might be, being seventeen points behind your little ol' country cousins whose ground is falling down with an away not fit for human habitation must be ridiculously embarrassing. Just think, had we not gift wrapped four points for you, you'd be 21 points behind us and be right in the sh!t for tomorrows game. Oh dear, how sad. You might have won yesterday but we still have the last laugh.
This season you're right, you have been better than us and you deserve to be above us, I have no problem admitting that. Next season will be a different story though. With a manager capable of managing a team properly we will be much more competitive.