• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Time for a new train line through the south west - train related news

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yer tiz then...........7029 to pass through Exeter at 1729 on the 10th, and at 1058 on the 11th. Hope they keep to those times !

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sadly the hoped late addition to the roster of the new "Betton Grange" isn't happening, but the good news is that it is now due to arrive and work services June-August ! It steamed at Tyseley on the 12th April and will be "running in" on the Severn Valley.
As you said, Mr. B (y)

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
More good news from the West Somerset.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
More good news from the West Somerset.

I spent 3 days of the four days at Minehead (Fri -Sun), and it certainly was a good event.
Friday was a little quieter than normal but that may have been down to extending over 4 days instead of the usual three ! There were plenty of extra things going on, more goods and parcel trains for Instance to ramp up the interest, and everything seemed to be running on time, putting the "Big Railway" to shame. No strikes here ! :)

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sir Topham Hatt knows his business ! :)

Colesman Ballz

Sir Topham Hatt knows his business ! :)
He will always be the "Fat Controller" to me ! :p

iscalad

He will always be the "Fat Controller" to me ! :p
Woke police will be around to see you soon.

Oldsmobile-88

Yer tiz then...........7029 to pass through Exeter at 1729 on the 10th, and at 1058 on the 11th. Hope they keep to those times !
Saw it making a stately pass along Dawlish Sea Wall at 1750.

A old type Diesel Locomotive ran through light about 10 minutes before, I’m guessing it was something to do with the Steam run ?

Colesman Ballz

Saw it making a stately pass along Dawlish Sea Wall at 1750.

A old type Diesel Locomotive ran through light about 10 minutes before, I’m guessing it was something to do with the Steam run ?
It was a Class 47, and I expect it is shadowing the run in case of a breakdown. There are very few diesel locos in the South West these days with the lack of freight trains, so huge disruption to scheduled services would occur if you were forced to wait for a loco to be sent from say Bristol or Westbury to assist.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Going well past Cowley Bridge this morning.