• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Time for a new train line through the south west - train related news

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
A picture of yours truly about out to drive Bulleid Pacific West Country Class Eddystone back from Norden to Swanage this afternoon having done the fireman’s duty on the outward trip.

A really brilliant experience. (y)

View attachment 14920
That sure beats my trip today travelling "on the cushions" in an Hitachi from St David's to Temple Meads ! I'm feeling a tad envious ! :)

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Odd that. I'd have imagined Al as an old bloke in glasses. :)

Alistair20000

Odd that. I'd have imagined Al as an old bloke in glasses. :)
I am an old bloke and sometimes wear glasses. :)

DB9

Train fares rise from tomorrow by about 5.5%, BBC has an article about saving money, Like Advance tickets, Split Fares, Railcard etc, How about cutting fares if you think not enough passengers use them. Eastleigh to Waterloo for two, off peak will cost about just over £100, It is really getting expensive!

iscalad

Train fares rise from tomorrow by about 5.5%, BBC has an article about saving money, Like Advance tickets, Split Fares, Railcard etc, How about cutting fares if you think not enough passengers use them. Eastleigh to Waterloo for two, off peak will cost about just over £100, It is really getting expensive!
Do you have any sort of rail card. We use two together which my wife uses Tesco Clubcard points to purchase.

DB9

Do you have any sort of rail card. We use two together which my wife uses Tesco Clubcard points to purchase.
No not quite yet.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
And to celebrate there are no trains into Waterloo, and severe disruption throughout the SWR network. All due to a broken rail, and this after closures this weekend due to engineering works.

• Angry
Reactions: DB9

iscalad

No not quite yet.
well worth getting one, if you travel by train enough times it will pay for itself.

iscalad

DB9

well worth getting one, if you travel by train enough times it will pay for itself.
I use to a lot but now other than around Southampton/Portsmouth area I don't do long distances. I just think if you fancy a day trip into London etc an advance ticket tells you when to get there and leave, I'd prefer not to be restricted by time etc. In general in the UK fares are far too expensive imo.