• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Those unsure about donating to 'Pitch In'...

Phil Sayers

Very well known Exeweb poster
Apparently all the "debt" the club is racking up to the Trust is causing substantial difficulties for the club in getting any kind of credit. Trading that debt for equity would be ideal but, as I understand it, an outdated share register is problematic. Simply making donations may slightly weaken the Trust's hand with any prospective future buyers but making further loans weakens the Club's hand when it comes to negotiating with banks etc as the picture is of a business in substantial debt to its majority shareholder. That the debt will never be recalled does not seem to factor highly in the world of finance.

Poultice

I must say I'm slightly alarmed to learn that some Trust monies are now being donated to the club, instead of loaned to the club.
I am advised by the Trust ( officials ) that although denoted as donations all monies passing from the Trust to the Club are Loans. I have no clue what the point of calling them donations is but then I have seldom be able to discern the point of much that goes on with "our" Trust.

Rather than rattling cages, why not do something positive. Have you thought about putting yourself forward for election to the BOS, Challenge accepted - when are the elections ? (insert smiley winky thing as we both know damn well there aren't any) have you offered any solutions to what you perceive to be the flaws in the current set up, have you offered your time and skills to help out?more than happy to help ( within the constraints of living 220 miles from Exeter, working a rotary shift pattern and having two young kids) if someone publishes a firm proposal and it is something I can help with, I will
[Its easy to criticise, not so easy to do anything positive about it.
If anyone is planning on auctioning / ebaying in aid of Pitch In, I have a good condition old white 3rd kit shirt with Deano's name and number on which can go in - as Deano is said to be supporting the campaign he might even be willing to autograph it which would bump the price up a bit.

Last edited:

Why don't you people who only want to criticise, on here, but do not want to recognise what the trust has done for the club in six years, in saving ECFC, crawl under the rock they came from !!! Because the curent trustees have carried on the great work of previous trustees, otherwise we would all be watching Tiverton Town on a Saturday.
I totally agree, the trust has worked wonders, however I refuse to accept that past triumphs should entitle them to immunity from criticism for their actions some 5 years later.

Last edited:

Steve / mods - how about setting up a separate forum for 'Pitch In ' fundraising, to keep the various suggestions and offers in one place ?

Saint James

Steve / mods - how about setting up a separate forum for 'Pitch In ' fundraising, to keep the various suggestions and offers in one place ?
34001 - great idea regards the fundraising thread. There are several people doing quirky stuff but anything to enable others to do so is brill - mods can this be actioned please as a sticky?

p.s. 34001 regards the Deano shirt - yes please as i'm liaising with the said hero regards what he can do to help and a shirt will indeed help. Can you pm me and we can arrange to meet/arrange where to send?
Tony

Parklife

when are the elections ? (insert smiley winky thing as we both know damn well there aren't any) .
Not true. Alright, there weren't elections in 2009 as not enough people stood, but there were elections the year before. Since becoming a member of the Trust I've voted in several elections. You stand and you increase the chance it will lead to a contested election.

heathy1

So how much has been actually raised so far? Everyone loves a totaliser

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
With Blue Peter presenters revealing how much has been raised following the latest bring and buy sale? I like your thinking sir!

pincher

37p , but we hope to get it to 51p within the week :D