• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The What Should We Do With the Watkins Money Thread

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
What shares are you shorting at present TPC ?

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
None at present, have been tempted by Dunelm and Kingfisher.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's pretty simple what to do with the money. Survive covid.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
From the players we lost since last season , warren, woodman and Holmes are no loss as they hardly played come the end of their time with us. Lee and Aaron Martin, Dickenson, Richardson, Moxey and Williams (assuming he goes) have been replaced by Caprice, Mcardle and Page leaving us effectively three short.

With some of the youngsters getting more game time that gap will hopefully be bridged if they turn out to be good enough so we might be similar in strength to last season, but it would be nice to bring in one or two if we can get the right ones. Should be plenty looking for clubs later on with sides having to trim to survive covid, and we can potentially make good use of the loan market without investing large sums. Obviously anyone who comes in needs to be better than what we have, otherwise I would rather give the game time to our young players.

Other than that I do think we can make back income if we get a decent scoreboard. Even without fans , if it's in view of the I follow cameras we can use it for sponsorship. If we are careful we should improve the academy facilities to help keep that conveyor belt moving. As others have said keep most in a bank account to get any minimal interest available while we see what happens as time goes on.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
From the players we lost since last season , warren, woodman and Holmes are no loss as they hardly played come the end of their time with us. Lee and Aaron Martin, Dickenson, Richardson, Moxey and Williams (assuming he goes) have been replaced by Caprice, Mcardle and Page leaving us effectively three short.

With some of the youngsters getting more game time that gap will hopefully be bridged if they turn out to be good enough so we might be similar in strength to last season, but it would be nice to bring in one or two if we can get the right ones. Should be plenty looking for clubs later on with sides having to trim to survive covid, and we can potentially make good use of the loan market without investing large sums. Obviously anyone who comes in needs to be better than what we have, otherwise I would rather give the game time to our young players.

Other than that I do think we can make back income if we get a decent scoreboard. Even without fans , if it's in view of the I follow cameras we can use it for sponsorship. If we are careful we should improve the academy facilities to help keep that conveyor belt moving. As others have said keep most in a bank account to get any minimal interest available while we see what happens as time goes on.
I understand we were very close to sorting out a deal for a new giant scoreboard prior to lockdown but now it had all gone on the back burner for the time being.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
MJ having a great game today at Salford....will someone come calling.

Banksy

Sincerely hope not.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’d be giving MJ a new deal. Have a feeling he could be in his final year but could be wrong.

Dannyred

Buy a Striker as we don’t have one that is good enough.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Think MJ is a bit of a late bloomer but is turning into some player. Hope he stays with us for the long haul. Could cement himself as a city legend.