• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The What Should We Do With the Watkins Money Thread

Andy Holloway

I am Actually going to a women’s match , my second since lockdown but previous to that I have been to every level of women’s football so I guess I know a little more than you about it.

Yes some of the money should be used to fix The Pitch at SJP.
Good for you.
I never dispute the fact that you know more than i do about Women's Football, i know - or care - diddly squat about it, you can call me 'sexist' as many times as you like, it's just water off a dick's back!
Attending a Women's Football match is pretty low on my list of interests, just below watching paint dry and the Premier League.

Average Joe

Considering the wage cap for league two is 1.5mill I'd use the Watkins money to bring our wages to full potential and look into the loan market or a free transfer, then invest a good mil;lion back into our youth academy. We'd be stupid not to heavily invest in our academy at this time especially when we have one of the most prolific academies in English football right now. Our youth with investment for scouting can keep this club going if we continue what we are doing.

IBA

Considering the wage cap for league two is 1.5mill I'd use the Watkins money to bring our wages to full potential and look into the loan market or a free transfer, then invest a good mil;lion back into our youth academy. We'd be stupid not to heavily invest in our academy at this time especially when we have one of the most prolific academies in English football right now. Our youth with investment for scouting can keep this club going if we continue what we are doing.
Thanks Paul, good to hear from you, some sensible opinions as always.

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good for you.
I never dispute the fact that you know more than i do about Women's Football, i know - or care - diddly squat about it, you can call me 'sexist' as many times as you like, it's just water off a dick's back!
Attending a Women's Football match is pretty low on my list of interests, just below watching paint dry and the Premier League.
And there we can agree on something.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sensible in my opinion, If it was down to some then it would all be spent by now. This virus situation is so unpredictable and i can't see fans coming through the turnstiles for quite a while given what advice the Government has come out about their "Rule of Six" being prudent is the right thing to do.

Ash

Perhaps we could ask Preston if we can have Jordan Storey back on loan, using some of the cash to pay his wages, I don't think he's a regular starter for them?
#Dreamland

Ash

Nows the time to invest in stocks. Everything's in the doldrums, can't get worse!
Oh yes it can (but it might not)

Ash

What's wrong with playing at the cat and fiddle?
Does anyone actually know the answer to this question? It's the obvious move, unless there's something about which I am not aware. It's a 5g surface, so no issues with wear on the pitch. It's not quite in Exeter but still loads better than Cully. And it's ours, so no one else involved in the decision making process. A no-brainer surely?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sensible in my opinion, If it was down to some then it would all be spent by now. This virus situation is so unpredictable and i can't see fans coming through the turnstiles for quite a while given what advice the Government has come out about their "Rule of Six" being prudent is the right thing to do.
Completely agree. Hopefully the positive start made by the youngsters will reduce the pressure from fans for the club to start splashing the cash on new players.