• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The threat of Coronavirus to ECFC

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Was just thinking of what some folk are having to go thru Dave, particularly those at the sharp end. Though crocks is right that the test isnt that pleasant, footballers can just man up.

DB9

Was just thinking of what some folk are having to go thru Dave, particularly those at the sharp end. Though crocks is right that the test isnt that pleasant, footballers can just man up.
My thoughts exactly Geoff, A bit of discomfort for a footy player can't be that much of a hassle

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Not sure we got close enough to them to catch it.
Or ...
Well, [insert goalie name] couldn't catch anything anyway.

denzel

There do seem to be a lot more rugby games called off than football. Latest being a women's six nations game. I don't think a single Premier League game has gone yet.
Are they catching it in the scrums or are rugby players more touchy feely?

Fareham Grecian

There do seem to be a lot more rugby games called off than football. Latest being a women's six nations game. I don't think a single Premier League game has gone yet.
Are they catching it in the scrums or are rugby players more touchy feely?
I would guess both of those things, plus the fact that rugby is much less professionally run - so less easy for the authorities to impose rules - than football.

denzel

Burton have 12 players off with Covid today, but are still playing. Others have had games called off. Seems incredibly random whether games go ahead

HUFC1885

Can’t see any fans back this year

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can’t see any fans back this year
If by this year you mean 2020 then you're correct, but I suspect we won't see any back this season. I wonder what affect it will have on attendances once full crowds are allowed back in.

DB9

If by this year you mean 2020 then you're correct, but I suspect we won't see any back this season. I wonder what affect it will have on attendances once full crowds are allowed back in.
Long term Snoop is a difficult one to predict but I'm very heartened by the majority of people replying to IBA's thread "How has Covid affected your relationship with Exeter City?" It's showing that fans in general are frustrated but very, very suportive of the way ECFC are trying to bring matchday to them, Of course there is nothing like being there at SJP, Nothing will ever be an equal to that but ifollow has been a massive help to those who wish to choose this option, I don't follow the games that way but love the Matchday threads we have on here, Love the total frustration one minute , Then the absolute joy the next but thats just me and i feel that thread is so important and i feel i get to "Know" the contributors on there, Even though I've never met the vast majority of them.

As far as the club goes I think they've been pretty awesome, Got a few things wrong at the beginning but have learnt and evolved through this crisis and i believe the relationship between fan and club will be probably at the most strongest it has ever been and i hope we can nuture that and keep it because it would be a crime to let that slip. The digital platforms have improved so much and i think that has had to be improved quicker because of this pandemic otherwise we'd been left so far behind, Scott and his team, Brilliant, The Trust's hustings, voting etc, Amazing thing and appreciated by so many on here as has been said and i think, Which i admit never saw before a younger age group getting interested.

Will we be back this season? No can't see it at all but the club has been, I think making great efforts to keep the "Owners" The fans in the loop as far as possible and trying to bring the matchday experience as best they can in a "Virtual" way. We have been very lucky getting the windfall in, Which must have been a big relief for those who run things but I'd imagine it came with a tinge of frustration that any money earmarked for maybe one thing will have to be used for something else because of the lack of matchday money, Hopefully that will be sorted by FA/PL/EFL (One can hope!) Covid has screwed us over in many ways but i think fans will be back in time.

ryancooper327

Andy H being frank as ever. Wonder if any clubs had a bail out equal to their lost revenue.