• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The SJP pitch - 2022/23

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wondered how Bolton compared it to Wembley.
they didn't score as many goals...

AndrewP

Our pitch looked stunning yesterday, like a good first day of season…Sure, fixtures and weather this season have been kind at times, but even so a fabulous job done by chas and the team and a sound investment to get sorted.

STURTZ

Will it need stripping in the summer?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Probably yes.

Exehausted

Chaz said last year that you always need to strip it to get rid of grass that blows in and self seeds. From what he said recently, the drainage work that we did last year is working fine and the pitch drains well. The cost of stripping it and reseeding won't be anywhere as expensive as last year I would guess. Even if it is, it is money well spent I would say. Having a pitch of the quality ours is now means we can play good football for the whole season, not just the first three months and the last two. He also said in yesterday's interview that him and his team are still learning how this new type of pitch works and he expects it to be even better next season. Quite how you improve on what appears to be perfection in my eyes, goodness only knows!

CWH-NYC_

Just watching Man U v Everton, from what I can see the Glazers or the new owners first job will be to bid for Chaz.

gilbertshoot

Just watching Man U v Everton, from what I can see the Glazers or the new owners first job will be to bid for Chaz.
Noooooooooooo!

Andy_H

£100m just to be able to talk to him, no refunds.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Chas ahead of the game

Rosencrantz

I've never seen the pitch in such good condition throughout a season as it has been for the last two. A credit to Chas and his well fed men. Also to the club for the investment.