• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Serious Torquay Thread

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I see Connor Riley-Lowe is Truro captain. Shame he didn't kick on to playing at a higher level.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Two up now

budegrecian

As far as their fans go, they’ve had a successful season haven’t they? After all they beat us in a meaningless preseason friendly, which was top of the priority list for many of them.

AndyR

Whether they beat Truro and/or avoid relegation on the playing side will be of no consequence unless they come out of Administration under new owners and satisfy the NL's rules, otherwise they will be expelled from the NL at their AGM anyway. I guess one advantage of avoiding points based relegation is that they would become slightly less unattractive to potential investors.:sneaky:

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whether they beat Truro and/or avoid relegation on the playing side will be of no consequence unless they come out of Administration under new owners and satisfy the NL's rules, otherwise they will be expelled from the NL at their AGM anyway. I guess one advantage of avoiding points based relegation is that they would become slightly less unattractive to potential investors.:sneaky:
And of course it's a lot less embarrassing.

Radio Free Skaro

This is so true.

I know a Torquay fan and he clearly really dislikes us and hates that fact I'm really not bothered.
It's exactly the same when Plymouth fans say they aren't bothered about us...

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Difference is they're kidding themselves.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
It’s not

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Truro are 2 points ahead of Torquay with 3 games in hand , can’t see it happening
Look again...

Radio Free Skaro

It’s not
It is , not all of 'em but certainly a few. I used to live in Plymouth as a student and for a few months I used to go for a run next to Home Park , when Argyle were playing the announcer would read out the scores at half-time, and when Exeter City's score was read out , there would be never be a reaction from any of the crowd whether we were winning, losing or drawing. I can remember thinking that it was very strange.