• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Serious Torquay Thread

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Be interesting to hear what the fans think.

sumner7

Administrator
Staff member
Be interesting to hear what the fans think.
Here's a few views for starters:

http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9156

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wow it does not sound good news.......and we think we have problems !!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Fareham Grecian

Gives us more reason to count our blessings and swing behind the Trust model. There but for the grace of God etc.

eurogrecian

Desperately sad for the Gulls and their fans.
Lotto winners and businessmen are not the answer I'm afraid......
Let's hope TUST gets as lucky as we did.
All the best to them.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's not over yet for Torquay, while I'm sure Riviera will line their own pockets faster than you can say "asset stripping exercise" you have to believe that where there is still enough passion amongst the grass roots fans they will find a way for their football team to survive.

Ex-ciderrr

Pleased Torquay have been saved for the foreseeable future but there's just something that makes me think long term things are going to go pear shaped again. Understand some of their supporters questioning the new owners already.

Had been talk of a new ground too I believe? Seriously? Given gaming intl's history surrounding stadia (got from a previous post in the thread) I think that would be the start of the dimense

I do hope things go well for them, great little club. But only time will tell

All the best yellows.

Last edited:

Rabid Doug

3 to 1 on houses will replace the football ground. A one eyed man losing his sight in the other eye can see what is going on here.

AlanDevlin

3 to 1 on houses will replace the football ground. A one eyed man losing his sight in the other eye can see what is going on here.
The issue that killed the original deal - the freehold of Plainmorgue - has not apparently been included in this new deal.
I understand that there is a covenant on the ground that has to be overturned before any building can be done on the site. As far as I know the Council still own the ground, so its going to take some pretty strong bargaining - or some funny handshakes and rolled up trouser legs - to get everyone happy with permission to build there.