• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The official Exeter City v Morecambe match day thread

bazcabs

We are both givers Bazza, don't you worry about that Old Bean.
Actually I think you're both takers in the real world. That's why you give it on here.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe you need to find a better use of words, you might not agree with my opinions, and tbh I'm not bothered anyway, but to use one of the words you chose to use, is highly offensive and lacking in any intelligence.

It is not a knee jerk reaction, a knee jerk reaction is being annoyed when you are losing then come back and win (which I did on Saturday and held my hands up) a knee jerk reaction is saying you expect Tis to be sacked after losing 3 games on the trot, not winning a home game in 4 and a half months, being relegated from League 1, shocking home form in the last two years, no cup runs to speak of, any other manager would have been shown the door at any other club would have been shown the door. I do not agree with some clubs, that would soon as sack a manager than at least give them a chance, but there comes a time when a change is as good as the rest. So, it is not a knee jerk reaction.

I will stand by my opinion that Tis has run out of ideas, I would consider he has actually lost some confidence. We have a team that CAN WIN games, apart from a couple that seem to get in regardless of how poor they are (but that's the same with previous city teams).

So if you want to pick at my posts, go ahead, but please find the right words to use.
So you think the answer is sacking tisdale because thats what happens in football? and that in your opinion makes it right? in answering a previous question that you avoided answering , have you seen the team play recently?

Last edited:
Don't know if its been mentioned but Danny Coles has gone on the attack just now. Tweeted ;'Possibly the most arrogant referee I have come across tonight, always makes it about him, that's why he is where he is.' Dislike Coles but he has a point. He also followed up when asked why the pen wasn't given; 'he said linesman had a better angle which I find very hard to understand cos he gave the pen instantly.'

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
So you think the answer is sacking tisdale because thats what happens in football? and that in your opinion makes it right? in answering a question that i asked b4, have you seen the team play recently?
Maybe you need to read my post again, seeing as you have only picked out the bits that suit you.

I believe it's time for a change, but what I think makes no difference whatsoever, as it won't happen.

Don't worry though, IF I get proved wrong and Tis takes us on a cup run or the play off finals, then I will be on here praising him and the team.

For the time being, I just hope whatever happens we maintain League 2 football.

Oh and I'm ignoring your question as it is irrelevant.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Don't know if its been mentioned but Danny Coles has gone on the attack just now. Tweeted ;'Possibly the most arrogant referee I have come across tonight, always makes it about him, that's why he is where he is.' Dislike Coles but he has a point. He also followed up when asked why the pen wasn't given; 'he said linesman had a better angle which I find very hard to understand cos he gave the pen instantly.'
That will get his pocket a smacking from The FA if they see it.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe you need to read my post again, seeing as you have only picked out the bits that suit you.

I believe it's time for a change, but what I think makes no difference whatsoever, as it won't happen.

Don't worry though, IF I get proved wrong and Tis takes us on a cup run or the play off finals, then I will be on here praising him and the team.

So watching the team is irrelevant (facepalm) Really.(clap)

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
For what it's worth GOG, I told him so when he was going down the tunnel, the look on his face was priceless!!
Good man Foxy.

Absolutely raging.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

Had the penalty been given tonight, and we scored and went on to win, would you be saying this?

Have a bit of perspective.

Silver fox

Good man Foxy.

Absolutely raging.
joker, Google and Facebook him tomorrow unbelievable what he's got way with in his career Pal.

geoffwp

Shabba, I am confident, from the way we have been playing just recently, we will maintain our L2 status. IMO this team that Tis is shaping is heading in the right direction. I think David T was right when he wrote that they are still a bit niaive particularly when playing against really physical and cynical sides like Morecambe, but things like that are part of the relative immaturity of the side. I do believe they are good enough and I do believe they will continue to grow in confidence and maturity. I think a bigger threat is the financial situation facing the club, not the team being relegated.