• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The official Exeter City v Morecambe match day thread

Silver fox

Very well known Exeweb poster
spot on it was the only way the ref was going to speak to the lino, by kicking off,this distracted the ref to the linesman,who put a doubt in his mind, once again pxxs poor officials as usual , lack of moral fibre by the ref, who also missed a foul on scott bennet in the box in the first half.P.T did very well to mask his anger after the match on radio devon. he was steaming.
Google Andy D'Urso and all will be revealed the blokes a complete joke!!!!

Silver fox

Who cares what you think you pathetic *****.
Mind reader baz.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Of course, it's hard to be definite from a still pic but, looking at this, hard to conceive how the Morecambe defender could have got to the ball without taking Wheelers' legs away from him.

http://www.exeterexpressandecho.co.uk/City-held-Morecambe-late-chaos-reversed-penalty/story-20652387-detail/story.html

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
This whole penalty scenario you're all crying about us a convenient way of covering up another **** result.
The performance was better tonight and another point in the bag.
The Penalty Scenario as you put it was a disgrace from start to finish it is not a cover up but a fact,

LOG

I don't think it's a bad thing that a ref talks to the lino in certain circumstances, but the fact is he gave a pen instantly and was in a much better position to see it. It happened pretty much in front of where i was sat and it was as clear as day to me.

If the distraction of the Morecambe players was enough in any way to cause the decision to be reversed, it's weak in the extreme and doesn't say much for his confidence in his own ability.

geoffwp

Pete. shut the fek up for god sake son. You were not there and you have no idea what happened. D'Urso's coduct at the end was an absolute disgrace and a total farce. the guy should be dropped from the league completely. I don't see how the lino could have seen it better than the ref. He blew for a pen immediately so he MUST have seen it and considered it a pen in an instant. He is immediately sorrounded by morecambe players ( the dirty northern b.@stards) and he's has completely bottled it and been talked out by the idiot on the line. IMO, from on the side of the bank, wheeler went down in the area under contact from a challenge when he was through. The penalty was the correct call. So that was two shouts he has turned away. Wasn't there another in the first half down the other end as well? So three?
Sercs was absolutely excellent tonight, head and shoulders above everyone else. I disagree with manc who said keep Nichols on when Ofline came on and have the two up front. I thought Nichols had lost his way a bit in the second half. His passes were going astray and he was running up alleys. City needed fresh. Thought we looked decent tonight but still not firing properly. Think we need a retune.

Last edited:

paperclip

The performance was better tonight and another point in the bag.
The Penalty Scenario as you put it was a disgrace from start to finish it is not a cover up but a fact,
Yes it's a point in the bag, but it really should have been game over long before D'Urso played his part. Morecombe were terrible and definately there for the taking.

Silver fox

I don't think it's a bad thing that a ref talks to the lino in certain circumstances, but the fact is he gave a pen instantly and was in a much better position to see it. It happened pretty much in front of where i was sat and it was as clear as day to me.

If the distraction of the Morecambe players was enough in any way to cause the decision to be reversed, it's weak in the extreme and doesn't say much for his confidence in his own ability.
Repeat, Google Andy D'Urso and read, it's beyond belief how this joker is still in a job.

grecIAN Harris

Pete. shut the fek up for god sake son. You were not there and you have no idea what happened. D'Urso's coduct at the end was an absolute disgrace and a total farce. the guy should be dropped from the league completely. I don't see how the lino could have seen it better than the ref. he blew for a pen immediately so he MUST have seen it and considered it a pen in an instant. He is immediately sorounded by morecambe players ( the dirty northern b.@stards) and he's has completely bottled it and been talked out by the idiot on the line. IMO, from on the side of the bank, wheeler went down in the area under contact from a challenge when he was through. The penalty was the correct call. So that was two shouts ha has turned away. wasn't there another in the first half down the other end as well? So three?
Sercs was absolutely excellent tonight, head and shoulders above everyone else. I disagree with manc who said keep Nichols on when Ofline came on and have the two up front. I thought Nichols had lost his way a bit in the second half. his passes were going astray and he was running up alleys. City needed fresh. Thought we looked decent tonight but still not firing properly. think we need a retune.
Nichols got sandwiched between two lumbering, northern oafs (and there was a third cheering us on, eh Manc?:p).

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
the thing is you make such adamant statements 'I doubt anyone can deny the fact' and 'then he would have been sacked a long time ago'. but its backed by nothing, just more unfounded knee jerk retarded speculation, nothing else. and as a point yes i do think he would still be here,REGARDLESS of contract
Maybe you need to find a better use of words, you might not agree with my opinions, and tbh I'm not bothered anyway, but to use one of the words you chose to use, is highly offensive and lacking in any intelligence.

It is not a knee jerk reaction, a knee jerk reaction is being annoyed when you are losing then come back and win (which I did on Saturday and held my hands up) a knee jerk reaction is saying you expect Tis to be sacked after losing 3 games on the trot, not winning a home game in 4 and a half months, being relegated from League 1, shocking home form in the last two years, no cup runs to speak of, any other manager would have been shown the door at any other club would have been shown the door. I do not agree with some clubs, that would soon as sack a manager than at least give them a chance, but there comes a time when a change is as good as the rest. So, it is not a knee jerk reaction.

I will stand by my opinion that Tis has run out of ideas, I would consider he has actually lost some confidence. We have a team that CAN WIN games, apart from a couple that seem to get in regardless of how poor they are (but that's the same with previous city teams).

So if you want to pick at my posts, go ahead, but please find the right words to use.