• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The new Red Square

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Now thats what I call creating banter Zider. The popside will have more fans tho :)
Wrong thread mate, try this one: http://www.exeweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26660 ;)

Bugs

ermm isn't it just a bit more solid than what we've had for the last 12 months, so why the worry about the size? We coped with the last few matches of the season, can't really see how this is going to be any different.
Except YG might want a door into his workparty cupboard

Lister

... just asking is that the full size of it? to me it seems small compared to what crowds you are predicting.
That's just the bar, the overflow bar because we keep filling up the main one.

The surrounding area could probably hold at least 500 people :D

Last edited:

Lister

Out of interest, what is that building they have tacked it on to ?
That used to be the old stores, it's the only bit in that building that belongs to ECFC, the rest is the DCC educational centre.

It's being ripped out and refitted as a bully funtioning bar.

Lister

Except YG might want a door into his workparty cupboard
That's gone Steve!

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't know the in and outs of cost etc etc but that's not gonna be busy on a Tuesday in January. It isn't gonna be used during the week so why not something just semi permanent?

As I say, I know nothing of costs etc etc.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't know the in and outs of cost etc etc but that's not gonna be busy on a Tuesday in January. It isn't gonna be used during the week so why not something just semi permanent?

As I say, I know nothing of costs etc etc.
The people who will want to stand outside with fag and pint will love it, especially if there are a couple of those patio heater jobbers.

angelic upstart

Good point, I hadn't thought of that.

Antony Moxey

The people who will want to stand outside with fag and pint will love it, especially if there are a couple of those patio heater jobbers.
Well they'll have to stand outside of that structure I'd assume. For one it's made of wood, and for another - this one's a guess - it'll be 'indoors' once the sides and roof are on won't it?

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well they'll have to stand outside of that structure I'd assume. For one it's made of wood, and for another - this one's a guess - it'll be 'indoors' once the sides and roof are on won't it?
Not too sure, lots of pubs have fairly similar structures now which get away with everything but depends on what the actual design is.