• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The harsh reality..........

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Clueless....!
In answer to the question. If we are relegated. We would lost tv cash from being in lge 1. So attendances to make it worth going down would have to increase to the point to at least match that figure would it not.

Remember as well tv money will be lower full stop next season compared to this season and relegation will be a HUGE hit in tv money we would get.

If we are relegated i dont believe that attendances would be big enough to make up the gap.

Also to Grecian Jay. Would you like us in the same position we had in 2003,.. No money, players on money we couldnt afford but had to honour(Devine, Flack and others). Remember Flack only got the last year by taking a 25% pay cut didnt he. If we fell out of league one and had players on to much money on long term deals then it ruins you. Just ask our friends down at Home Park

Last edited:

ECFC-SHAWN

What tv cash do we get?

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
umm thats a good question. The ratio is Championship 80%, League 1 12% and League 2 8%.

Ill have a look and see if its about

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I cant find the exact figures. But the overall deal i think is down from £265m to £195m.

Umm. it would be about £500k per annum this season being in lge 1. That will drop to about £350k ish.(All figures in a fag packet here lol) from next season.

Lge 2 would be this year around £290k. Next season will be about £220k. A rough guesses but give a gentle idea of the funding cuts.

So relegation would mean in tv money alone we would go down around or slightly over 50%.

If someone knows the exact figures place them here. As said these are rough guesses

ECFC-SHAWN

Ok so wouldn't attendances (presuming they rise due to a more southern league) reverse the lOSS of tv cash??

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
So an extra 1000 through the gates would cover that then? So games against Torquay. Rovers, Swindon, Argyle, Bradford etc not to mention actually seeing a side winning games, would easily being in crowds of 5000+.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
So an extra 1000 through the gates would cover that then? So games against Torquay. Rovers, Swindon, Argyle, Bradford etc not to mention actually seeing a side winning games, would easily being in crowds of 5000+.
The problem is here is making the assumption that we will go into league and do well within it. Dont get me wrong having more local derbies next season would be ideal but i would prefer them to join us rather than us join them.

But itis a loss of nearly £300k which is alot of cash. As i said all the figures are rough guesses.

ECFC-SHAWN

And relying argyle stay up

Last edited:

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Wouldn't the guesstimate loss be closer to £130k? £350k - £220k ...

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wouldn't the guesstimate loss be closer to £130k? £350k - £220k ...
I was talking about if we went down as people are stating on here.

If we stay up losing £130k or so for next year will be difficult enough to make up.
Especially if things are as bad as people make out