• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The harsh reality..........

rick whitemore

Rick, it now coincides with the end of the season - 31st May.

Don't expect results to be published before this February though!

Thanks Adrian, yeap agreed they will leave it as close to the nine months as possible especially if the accounts are as poor as expected.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
The trust is limited, always has been and always will be, it can only do so much.

The only ways we are going to be financially viable is if we have decent cup runs resulting in large windfalls or if we sign players, develop them and then sell for good money, under Tisdale we rarely do either of these.
The top part i actually agree with. The trust is amazing and im so behind it like you wouldnt believe but we need to open up revenue streams. I fear on this front we will be held back until the stadium is sorted. We need more help from the council on that front. We will wait and see.

The bottom part. Ahh well weve earnt nearly £1m in the transfer market under Tisdale. THat suggests to me weve done well on this front over the last 5-6 years.
A cup run would always be nice for just about every club below the championship.

ECFC-SHAWN

So financially this season it hasn't been great. The club didn't expect our crowds to drop by like 700 fans? Don't know the exact figure. But as much as I would love to stay up. Maybe delegation would boost the crowds abit/alot. I know this isn't the only thing that helps but games at home against Plymouth, Torquay, Swindon, rovers, Yeovil. Then home crowds would surely rise?? Adding thousands if more pounds into the club.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
So financially this season it hasn't been great. The club didn't expect our crowds to drop by like 700 fans? Don't know the exact figure. But as much as I would love to stay up. Maybe delegation would boost the crowds abit/alot. I know this isn't the only thing that helps but games at home against Plymouth, Torquay, Swindon, rovers, Yeovil. Then home crowds would surely rise?? Adding thousands if more pounds into the club.
But we would lose tv money etr.

With TV Going down from next season anyways a relegation would be a Massive gap. Crowds do help but overall for us remaining a lge 1 team is priority.

Reason crowds are down is because of alo of factors, We aint winning as much and also the novelty of lge 1 football is wearing off to the average passer by. Also the economy and the fact people have less cash.

Grecian1966

We need a Fans Forum, and we need people to turn up and ask some searching questions, rather than the rose tinters i've had to sit with in the past.
Just a thought like but could you have not asked the questions you want answering? Why is it someone else's responsibility to ask the questions for you?

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
If we were guaranteed to be at the top end of League 2 when we go down then our crowds would be up on this seaosns by some distance especially in the local derbies.

However what is to say if we go down we won't do a Crewe, Northampton, Dagenham, Argyle etc and struggle.

Alistair20000

Rick, it now coincides with the end of the season - 31st May.

Don't expect results to be published before this February though!
There is no good reason for the accounts to be published as late as 9 months after the year end by which time we are three quarters of the way through the next playing season.

From what I can see Steve Williams & Friends are paid a fairly hefty wedge to prepare the accounts and they should be available no later that 4 months after the year end for circulation to Trust members.

More relevant of course would be the management accounts for the half year to 30 November 2011. I believe that Bill/Adam will have run his beady eye over these. So, Bill, can you scotch the growing rumour that there is something pretty bad in the financial stable ?

Andy Cole advised the Trust October meeting that the Trust was adequately financed to meet any emergency cash call from the Club over the next few months. Does he still hold to that view ?

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
There is no good reason for the accounts to be published as late as 9 months after the year end by which time we are three quarters of the way through the next playing season.

From what I can see Steve Williams & Friends are paid a fairly hefty wedge to prepare the accounts and they should be available no later that 4 months after the year end for circulation to Trust members.

More relevant of course would be the management accounts for the half year to 30 November 2011. I believe that Bill/Adam will have run his beady eye over these. So, Bill, can you scotch the growing rumour that there is something pretty bad in the financial stable ?

Andy Cole advised the Trust October meeting that the Trust was adequately financed to meet any emergency cash call from the Club over the next few months. Does he still hold to that view ?
With all this coming to light isit not great that the club does only short contract deals with players. Means that at the end of the season if we need to cut the budget we can offer players lesser deals or let them leave to help the club finanances.

Tisdale imho needs to get a bigger job while he has a chance though. He shouldve gone to Southampton and Swansea when the chance was there imho but glad he stayed with us but i wouldve gone myself no matter how much i love City

Grecian_Jay

With all this coming to light isit not great that the club does only short contract deals with players. Means that at the end of the season if we need to cut the budget we can offer players lesser deals or let them leave to help the club finanances.

Tisdale imho needs to get a bigger job while he has a chance though. He shouldve gone to Southampton and Swansea when the chance was there imho but glad he stayed with us but i wouldve gone myself no matter how much i love City
I know you have out me on ignore but f*ck me you make me sick. Only rose-tinted numpties like you could make this a positive.

And Tisdale will not be in the running for any jobs in this league or above from now on.

Poultice

But we would lose tv money etr.
Clueless....!