• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The first ten games

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
There's no point looking at the table with any intent until at least Christmas, imo.
Interestingly though, the top four after 7 games last season were the top four to finish, though in a different order. Means nothing, means a lot.

ExeterCityLad

Interestingly though, the top four after 7 games last season were the top four to finish, though in a different order. Means nothing, means a lot.
Really? I thought Plymouth started awful last season like we did, but just sorted it out much quicker

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I agree that the table doesn't mean a lot at this stage but a good start should not be underestimated. We need to get as many points on board as we can right now, make hay whilst the sun shines, so that we can ride through the inevitable bad patches of form and still come out in a healthy position.

Terryhall

We have collected 84 points from our last 46 regular league matches.

If we can hold it together for next two matches and Notts county keep going that could be some encounter in a couple of weeks.

Think we didn't make it to 19 points last season until Orient away, which was late November!
Very impressive work over the past 10 months. Hope we can keep our momentum going. I feel like last night's result is the kind of game that, a few years ago, we may not have found a way to come back and win - it feels like t current side just always expects to find a way back into the game and to score.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Really? I thought Plymouth started awful last season like we did, but just sorted it out much quicker
Last season Argyle lost the first two games then won the next 6 (including us) and were top. After 16 games they were 7 points clear. Then they lost 3 in a row and got hauled back.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Indeed they did but they sorted it out after three games and if memory serves me correctly were at one time at least five points clear at the top. They then hit an uncertain patch but their early and mid seasons results were enough to keep them safely in the top three.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
The first 10 games never means a lot, it just helps. No point winning the first 10 games if you lose the next 36. Sure the first 10 games are an indicator, but there's no point thinking that we're destined for playoffs just because we're top of the league in November.

Don't get me wrong, I'd far rather see us in this position than where we were last year, and it's definitely positive :)