• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Club

Wellyred

forget all this negative talk of relagation...we are still in league 1 and stand a better chance of keeping it that way if we get behind everyone involved the football club. Tis will manage in the premiership one day you mark my words so what ever happends at the end of the season he has to stay with us as long as we can hold on to him. worse case scenario and we get relegated, do you honestly think sacking him is going to take the club forward...surely not. If anything its him that will leave saying he has taken the club as far as he can!!

citizen33

there is no point in scraping through and having nothing to push forward with next term.
I would say this is one of the most wrong-headed posts I've seen in a long time. To think that in our situation one can guage with any precision the mimimum needed to stay up is silly. If we go down we won't be bouncing straight back and it would likely take a big investment to make up the lost ground. It is crucial to try to 'scrape through'.

Last edited:

Cider

I would hope that staying up is the priority at the club right now. I think that if we were to go down getting promoted would not be easy. Gates may drop a little (possibly quite a bit depending on performances. We seem to have quite a few floating supporters). Lower attendances means less money for the team. All this talk of Championship preparation (although necessary at some level within the club) strikes me as ridiculous when we as a football team are potentially in a relegation battle (still a little early to be sure of this but recent performances/results suggest this may be the case). Look it's simple, we are a football club and the football needs to be at the heart of decision making. Without footballing success you can kiss goodbye to all the corporate add-ons and talk of higher divisions is irrelevant. As for Premiership, you're having a laugh.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
and is now being totally let down by players he signed this season in good faith, who he'd hoped would do a job for us. Fleetwood of course is the biggest let down, but the other Tis signings this term have'nt set the world alight either. Luckily Stansfield is working his ass off, as always, but the rest cant string two good performances together! Harley seems to run hot and cold, and one or two others the same.
And you came to these deductions how?

Hammer44

Tis is trying to improve a team and a Club at the same time which is not an easy task with the resources we have and our location. Tis showed Exeter a lot of loyalty in the summer when certain clubs came knocking on the door. The strategy of Exeter City is long term with everyone pulling together and we should all be proud of where we are at the moment. There have been some poor purchases this season but Tis does have to gamble in the hope he can bring out the best in some of those players, which is why he doesn't offer long contracts. Some of those players for different reasons haven't come up to expectations. Some of the players have to start giving 100% and doing their bit towards the cause. If we go down or stay up it's not the question if we should keep Tis, it's whether Tis will want to stay with us. Come on everyone lets stick together, support the team and if any players read this, start to give some loyalty to the Manager and supporters and show you are Div1 players.

Ian_Woodward

Do you really think that Tisdale would still be manager if we got relegated? Not a chance. Past Glories will stand for nothing if we go down. Never mind exeweb, the crowd in general will drive him away if things dont improve very very soon, ideally today.
I don't know why you carry on posting sh*t like this after the last 2 seasons where pretty much everyone has proved you wrong. You seem to have ideas of who you like and dislike and are unwilling to change them (ie. when stans was playing poor, you'd still big him up) Yet if Jonesy was playing poor you'd be the first to slate him (even when he plays well, which is most of the time you still manage to post b*ll*cks about him)

No wonder managers are getting sacked so quickly when you have people like you calling for there heads after the first sign of trouble. Fact is Tisdales got us promoted twice in three seasons, taken us to wembley twice and these have been the best seasons city have had for a looong time. It was always gonna be a struggle this year, we aren't in the relegation zone as it stands and if the season finished today it would be classed as a success as at the end of the day staying up is all we could hope for, then maybe push on for mid table next season.

If we go down then we were odds on to so aslong as we make a fight of it (which we have and are) then there's no way you could ask for Tisdale to be sacked.

Pablo

Well said Mr Woodward

older-codger

Don't think that Pete is necessarily giving his opinion that Tis should go if we are relegated. He is actually pointing out that the crowd may well turn against him and he will subsequently leave.

Let's face it, there are already some who are questioning (not me, I hasten to add!) Football supporters can be very fickle.

Last edited:

Lister

Do you really think that Tisdale would still be manager if we got relegated? Not a chance. Past Glories will stand for nothing if we go down. Never mind exeweb, the crowd in general will drive him away if things dont improve very very soon, ideally today.
Hahahaha, funniest thing i've read on here in ages, you don't have a clue do you Pete.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Don't think that Pete is necessarily giving his opinion that Tis should go if we are relegated. He is actually pointing out that the crowd may well turn against him and he will subsequently leave.

Let's face it, there are already some who are questioning (not me, I hasten to add!) Football supporters can be very fickle.
My point exactly OC. I also dont give a sh*t what the likes of Woodward or Lister have to say. If we continue to slide, you might have the select exeweb few who cant understand the point I'm making, and will keep putting 'in Tiz we trust' at the end of their posts to the very end. The reaction of the dwindling attendances in general though wont continue to pay their hard earned money, watching City slip further into trouble. Who always gets the blame? The manager. If we get relegated, he'll be gone, sooner rather than later.