• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Club

GRECIANS1904

Couple of years back many people moaned on here that as a club we were settling for top half of the conference and were not ambitious enough to make league 2. All that aside we have the same question now are we ambitious enough to try make the club league 1 next season?? will we just accept relegation and keep Tis as our manager??. I for one think league 1 would be easier next season with alot of the bigs side expecting promotion thoughts

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Couple of years back many people moaned on here that as a club we were settling for top half of the conference and were not ambitious enough to make league 2. All that aside we have the same question now are we ambitious enough to try make the club league 1 next season?? will we just accept relegation and keep Tis as our manager??. I for one think league 1 would be easier next season with alot of the bigs side expecting promotion thoughts
Do you really think that Tisdale would still be manager if we got relegated? Not a chance. Past Glories will stand for nothing if we go down. Never mind exeweb, the crowd in general will drive him away if things dont improve very very soon, ideally today.

Do you really think that Tisdale would still be manager if we got relegated? Not a chance. Past Glories will stand for nothing if we go down. Never mind exeweb, the crowd in general will drive him away if things dont improve very very soon, ideally today.
This is one of the saddest statements I have read on Exeweb. We have a very good manager and the fans will drive him away if we have a setback. Not good.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
The plan, as I understand it, is for the club to stay in this league. That is Tis' aim and why he is being very cautious with the pennies. Of course, there are those on here screaming you need to speculate to accumulate, but there is no point in scraping through and having nothing to push forward with next term. I think he is - rightly - thinking long term.
He still has my faith. Relegation is not the option...

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
If we do go down I will literally camp outside SJP with a placard saying "Tisdale don't leave us!!"

one day we will lose him to a bigger club but we need to hang on to him for as long as is feasably possible.

PeteUSA

The plan, as I understand it, is for the club to stay in this league. That is Tis' aim and why he is being very cautious with the pennies. Of course, there are those on here screaming you need to speculate to accumulate, but there is no point in scraping through and having nothing to push forward with next term. I think he is - rightly - thinking long term./QUOTE]

I see your point Rae, and I agree. The problem with his balancing act, as I see it, is that he's sold so many quality players, i.e. Moxey, Seabourne, Friend, Gill etc. and is now being totally let down by players he signed this season in good faith, who he'd hoped would do a job for us. Fleetwood of course is the biggest let down, but the other Tis signings this term have'nt set the world alight either. Luckily Stansfield is working his ass off, as always, but the rest cant string two good performances together! Harley seems to run hot and cold, and one or two others the same. In the main though, he's got a momentous struggle to keep us in this league, what with the games in hand some below us have got.

A win v MK Dons is imperative as I see it.

Last edited:

Herbie65

It is sad to read statements that PT should go if city get relegated.PT is he the best manager that this club has ever had & I agree with threads that we should hold onto him for as long as we can. If disaster struck & we did drop back into L2 then PT would likely get us back up again Pdq. Pt is aware we need to fill certain positions & trust he selects the right players, but getting players down to this region has always been citys problem. We will fill with short term contracts to the end of the season unless an absolute gem turns up like Noone, cos citys results went down hill when he went back to argyle cos we don't have any pace / width in the team at the moment to get behind teams & crosses into the box. A wide man, CB & or cureton or pitman from the cherries to score goals will keep us up. Am I qualified to write this, maybe so cos I have watched followed city for nearly 40 years. PT is a good manager & u see, if we pushed him out a lot of clubs would snap him up & rub there hands together. Give the guy your support & not on his case.

TimG

I agree with the man above

PeteUSA

I agree with the man above
Tim, Since you're bringing religion into it, I do think we're going to need some sort of devine intervention if we're not going to get relegated.

Dobley

Dare I suggest that - even if it is a worst case scenerio - given how far he has taken us in so little time, Tisdale has earnt the right to take us down?