• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The City Gates

Kingsman

Knowing that kick-off was at 7.45pm, personally, I don't think I would have sat on a bus while drivers changed and "poked about".

I would have legged it from High Street to SJP in about 5 minutes. But that's me.
and the elderly, disabled etc????

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
and the elderly, disabled etc????
Well, I did say;

.......But that's me.
Clearly if the person were disabled, they coudn't, could they?

As for the elderly, I am 2 days off of sixty. Does that count?

Mind you, once I get me bus pass I would be more likely to stay on board. I wouldn't want to waste it. ;)

rogerc

There is a 'late gate' by the shop as posted earlier.
Leave Taggy alone, he has no responsibility for match day operations.

lemonardo

I'll answer the nice bit....

Yes, although Tulls was sitting on the bench, he did start warming up and the BB gave him a "Happy birthday" when he was by the corner flag.

He also got another song when he came on - alas no elusive goal for our "senior player"

citizen33

One or two have been a bit hard on Denny. We should all thank her for this thread which has taught me something I didn't know. It's years since I have been really late for a match but in the distant past (read ancient history) I have gained entry as late as half time. Clearly this is no longer possible via a normal gate, but we now all know what to do if the worst happens!

RHINO

Are we becoming a society of blame everyone but yourself,commonsense was not used in this situation learn by it and move on, just don`t be late for the wembley final

denny

Thank you to all the Sensible and useful replies received. Bad luck involved not lack of Common Sense, no where near as dippy as what some think of me.

AndyR

How about a bit of information about this from time to time in the match programme or on boards outside the turnstiles? Many supporters are at the mercy of public transport to get to the game and if the correct place to go was publicised even occasionally, supporters arriving late would hopefully know exactly where to go. The information probably also needs to be given to visiting clubs.

Having arrived late myself at a few grounds over the years- not SJP- I know from experience that you seem to encounter a barricade of Jobsworths ("can't do that mate") before finally being told what to do by someone in the know but you then get in to discover you have missed two goals.

Cider

A few weeks ago went in the Doble with my old man, in there 2.15pm, my old man realised he had left his glasses in the car, asked a steward if he could leave and go and get them from the car and was told not without paying again to get in. What's all that about?

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Having arrived late myself at a few grounds over the years- not SJP- I know from experience that you seem to encounter a barricade of Jobsworths ("can't do that mate") before finally being told what to do by someone in the know but you then get in to discover you have missed two goals.
I remember turning up late at Cambridge many years ago and being told that the gate was shut and that was that. In the end the police let us in - for free - I think because there were a few of us and they didn't want us wandering around the town...