• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The City Gates

denny

Folks i shall be dropping Taggy a line about this but just wanted to gauge Exewebs views. I help to run a Brownie Pack in St Thomas which finishes at 7.30 exactly, by 7.32 i was waiting for a bus to get me to the Park, one came but then to my dismay there was a Driver change in the High Street with the new Driver poking about anyway i got to St James Road at 8.03 ish just in time to find 1 the Gates Shut ! and 2 to hear the roar as the Loverly Lis ah began the proceedings of getting us a Fab Victory. To say i was gutted is an understatement.

Upon retracing my steps back up St James Road i saw at least 10 Macc Fans who had made it late all full paying Adults so thats what £150 extra revenue + my Season Ticket stub.

To top it off when i got home to tune into my Mate Mr V presenting Radio Heaven sport with Ayresie and the Giller i then had to listen to Jimmy every few seconds bemoaning the low attendance.

Is there are way that the Turnstiles or even 1 Turnstile at each entrance can stay open till half time? This is a fair serious post from me lol, but i think its a good point.

Over to everyone for views.

Meantime did the BB salute the Birthday Boy when he came on?

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think you have a fair point imho, Although i think its something to do with football league rules but dont quote me. And also the attendance was awful although i wasnt there as had darts.

first post

If you arrive late you go to the club shop and buy your ticket and then the stewards should let you in.

I have encountered this first hand not only at St James Park but at countless away games where I chose to leave that morning and its the same sort of procedure.

ECFCHUNTY

sod the brownies i say oh and the darts as well lol

RHINO

Surely prior planning would prevent your poor performance, you must have thought that you might run late so why not check in advance with the club about getting in late,THE CLUB CANNOT BE BLAMED FOR YOUR LACK OF THOUGHT!

Geddon_Boys

I was chatting to some Macc exiles before the game, the fans bus/coach was running late due to an accident on the m6, surely the gates could've been left open, people must've been aware of their late arrival?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
First Post is right - I once had a terrible time getting down to Exeter and made it to the ground only at about 3:30. I went round to the club shop (when it was still up past the OG) and paid my money - a steward at the Cowshed was then alerted and I was let in. Just as I got there a roar went up from behind the goal - it was Cambridge scoring what turned out to be the only goal. Grrr!

Rhino - tad unfair. Hardly Denny's fault the Bus was delayed, and if you're not to know about getting in via the club shop then you don't know. Fair enough of her to ask here.

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
But surely anyone with a bit of sense would ask someone whilst still at the club and not come home then moan about it the day after. It's not like there's no-one around outside the ground. The shop is open and so's the bar.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Knowing that kick-off was at 7.45pm, personally, I don't think I would have sat on a bus while drivers changed and "poked about".

I would have legged it from High Street to SJP in about 5 minutes. But that's me.

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
Folks i shall be dropping Taggy a line about this but just wanted to gauge Exewebs views. I help to run a Brownie Pack in St Thomas which finishes at 7.30 exactly, by 7.32 i was waiting for a bus to get me to the Park, one came but then to my dismay there was a Driver change in the High Street with the new Driver poking about anyway i got to St James Road at 8.03 ish just in time to find 1 the Gates Shut ! and 2 to hear the roar as the Loverly Lis ah began the proceedings of getting us a Fab Victory. To say i was gutted is an understatement.

Upon retracing my steps back up St James Road i saw at least 10 Macc Fans who had made it late all full paying Adults so thats what £150 extra revenue + my Season Ticket stub.

To top it off when i got home to tune into my Mate Mr V presenting Radio Heaven sport with Ayresie and the Giller i then had to listen to Jimmy every few seconds bemoaning the low attendance.

Is there are way that the Turnstiles or even 1 Turnstile at each entrance can stay open till half time? This is a fair serious post from me lol, but i think its a good point.

Over to everyone for views.

Meantime did the BB salute the Birthday Boy when he came on?
Why didn't you just get off the bus in the High St and walk/skip/run up to the club when you realised the bus was waiting for another driver/sat for a long time?

It's hardly rocket science. :cool:

D'oh beaten to it!

Last edited: