• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Bulldozers are moving into St. James' Park!!!!

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
And that is just one example of why, thankfully, no-one at the Trust or club takes you seriously.
Except that selling something for £10 which cost £3.50 to produce does make excellent business sense.

Whether that something should be steak dinners is debatable, but then you didn't quote that part.

Play the ball...

Pete Martin (CTID)

Just before I made the original suggestion I was told by Paul Morrish that there was a lot of spare capacity within the catering division at ECFC.
Cheers RW! In a week that has depressed me for a whole variety of reasons, that has given me one of my biggest belly laughs ever!

I am assuming you mean Rose and her team? She who is usually to be found running around and simply trying to keep up with her existing workload? Catering division? Spare capacity? That is just so droll!!

Last edited:

PeteUSA

And that is just one example of why, thankfully, no-one at the Trust or club takes you seriously.
Why dont you speak for yourself, instead of speaking for every member of the trust and the club? It makes me sick when the likes of you latches on to something and tries to present the point of view that you do. RW is a succesful businessman who served a lengthy period of time in the formative years of the BoS. He travelled from Cornwall and North Devon to fulfill the role, and his input was greatly valued in his time. He doesn't deserve one liner s**t from you! "Thankfully" nobody takes you seriously.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Why dont you speak for yourself, instead of speaking for every member of the trust and the club? "Thankfully" nobody takes you seriously.
Not very hypocritical, is it Pete?

Last edited:

Fareham Grecian

Except that selling something for £10 which cost £3.50 to produce does make excellent business sense.

Whether that something should be steak dinners is debatable, but then you didn't quote that part.

Play the ball...
Fair point. The trouble with RW, if I may extend the analogy of playing the ball rather than the man, is that he produces such a lot of balls that at some point one feels compelled to address the source of the balls....:)

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cheers RW! In a week that has depressed me for a whole variety of reasons, that has given me one of my biggest belly laughs ever!

I am assuming you mean Rose and her team? She who is usually to be found running around and simply trying to keep up with her existing workload? Catering division? Spare capacity? That is just so droll!!
I presume you're talking about a match day Pete. Catering businesses normally operate on a 7 day week.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
I presume you're talking about a match day Pete. Catering businesses normally operate on a 7 day week.
But why would anyone want to eat at SJP on a weekday when there's a choice of loads of more reputable restaurants in town?

I can just imagine the reaction if I treated my other half to a romantic meal...behind the cowshed.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not very hypocritical, is it Pete?
Spanky,

I do find it a little incongruous that I get added infraction points for calling people by their proper name compared with people like Fareham Grecian who appear to be getting away with personal attacks every time I post on here. People like Fareham Grecian add no positive content. Is this what Exeweb really wants to see or do you just want to ignore ideas that could be used to good effect by the Club?

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
But why would anyone want to eat at SJP on a weekday when there's a choice of loads of more reputable restaurants in town?

I can just imagine the reaction if I treated my other half to a romantic meal...behind the cowshed.
With a reply like that I'm not at all surprised that there is spare catering capacity. Making fuller use of the facility would provide the resources for eventual upgrading.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
If the food is good and the service and environment inside is of a good quality, I wouldn't think it matters whether it's located at a football ground or not. Whatever form it takes, I would have thought the aim for the club needs to be to use its facilities as much as possible every day.

We can grow our match day income but that's likely to be limited unless we can get a better team on the pitch. Making money up to 7 days a week is probably going to be the best way to do that in the absence of a wealthy benefactor.