• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Bulldozers are moving into St. James' Park!!!!

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
.......................probably in 2017.

Meanwhile the Trust is launching another ‘big’ appeal. The appeal is asking members to donate spare rolls of duck tape to hold the Old G together, with the caveat that they need to be either green or asbestos coloured to match the existing facade. The hope is that this will then fool the safety inspectors into granting yet another annual safety certificate.

The rumour that heavy plant is also being moved on site actually refers to a large rose bush that is being planted on the St. James’ Road/Well Street corner. The rose bush is being planted as a memorial to the decent redevelopment schemes that we could have had.

Mr.Sparkle

Bitter much!

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bitter much!
So RW pointing out opportunities that he feels we have missed amounts to "bitterness"? Not sure i would see it like that but then again it might be reasonable to view your response as complacent and self satisfied.....

IndoMike

.......................probably in 2017.

Meanwhile the Trust is launching another ‘big’ appeal. The appeal is asking members to donate spare rolls of duck tape to hold the Old G together, with the caveat that they need to be either green or asbestos coloured to match the existing facade. The hope is that this will then fool the safety inspectors into granting yet another annual safety certificate.

The rumour that heavy plant is also being moved on site actually refers to a large rose bush that is being planted on the St. James’ Road/Well Street corner. The rose bush is being planted as a memorial to the decent redevelopment schemes that we could have had.
Don't worry, RW. I have it on the highest authority that truckloads of Lego are being driven into the Park each night in preparation for construction of the new grandstand

fred binneys head

So RW pointing out opportunities that he feels we have missed amounts to "bitterness"? Not sure i would see it like that but then again it might be reasonable to view your response as complacent and self satisfied.....
Show me where his post does that.

I've heard we are installing new catering equipment to cope with all the steaks we will be cooking as finance for the new stand, or something.

grecIAN Harris

Show me where his post does that.

I've heard we are installing new catering equipment to cope with all the steaks we will be cooking as finance for the new stand, or something.
Is that the cash cow I've heard talk of????

IndoMike

Is that the cash cow I've heard talk of????
You're milking that joke too much, Harris.

grecIAN Harris

I'll try and beef it up for next next time. Now moooooove this along before it's gets hijacked into another anti-Tis thread :p

IndoMike

I'll try and beef it up for next next time. Now moooooove this along before it's gets hijacked into another anti-Tis thread :p
Don't talk bull

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ah, it’s that old chestnut again - so many people are happy to have a go at old rightwing’s catering financing idea without even grasping the principle on which that concept was based. Perhaps I ought to explain it once again.

Just before I made the original suggestion I was told by Paul Morrish that there was a lot of spare capacity within the catering division at ECFC. It seemed a reasonable idea to me to try and exploit that spare capacity, particularly as it would bring in further additional matching bar income.

From previous experience of auditing the industry I am well aware of the very high gross profit margins within the catering sector. On food sales the gross profit margin is normally within the range of 60% to 65%. With unused capacity, additional marginal costs would also be minimal.

As an illustrative example, suppose 100 persons loaned the Club £100 each, i.e. a total of £10,000. These persons would have agreed to take repayment in the form of meals at the Club. Suppose the normal cost of each meal was £10. That supporter would therefore be entitled to 10 such meals in order to repay the £100 loan. However, because the cost of goods sold by the Club would be at the rate of only 35% to 40% of turnover then this is tantamount to the Club only repaying £3,500 to £4,000 for each £10,000 borrowed. Repaying only a portion of what you’ve borrowed? No interest payments on the loans? That to my mind makes excellent business sense!