• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The Arctic on the way - more Port Vale misery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemonardo

If our local Met Office is to be believed, the Arctic weather will return on Sunday for a while.

Surely we are not set for another late pitch inspection, a load of disappointed Vale fans (albeit not as many as last time) and pies going cheap?

Car rugs at the ready please - I reckon we need about 845

Seriously though, this could be another disaster again ???

PS RaWZ - no more cricket covers jokes please!

Gozzer

Very well known Exeweb poster
Lets wait until Monday before we start to panic, eh?

Its not like the forecasters always get it right.

ronniej

The Met office have been predicting this for the last few days.Alot of ftball clubs use the office includng Manchester United and West Ham united.

Gozzer

I know, but its a question of how cold it is on Tuesday, whether there will be a frozen pitch or not. The forecasts will be more accurate closer to the time.

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
Reckon the players will be needing water-skis tomorrow yet alone contending with frozen pitches next week!

David Treharne

Reckon the players will be needing water-skis tomorrow yet alone contending with frozen pitches next week!
How true. I think rather than worrying about the start of next week you ought to be thinking about the weather in the more immediate future. It's rained heavily again today, and cumulatively this week we've had near 30mm of rain with only short dry periods (and one of those on Wednesday when I was on my way to Chesterfield).
Although it's mild today the Met Office seem to be revising their forecasts by the hour, and unless there's a dry patch and strong winds between now and tomorrow the pitch should be very sticky. Trouble is that the wind is coming from a slightly unusual south-easterly direction at the moment, and if it brings more rain, particularly overnight the pitch will be even more of a quagmire.

crocks

there's a dry patch and strong winds between now and tomorrow
Thats exactly whats forecast, so hopefully there wont be a problem.

northernboy

Surely it is a problem if tomorrows game goes ahead. Tisdale is blaming the sticky heavy pitches for our poor performances, so we don't want another one tomorrow. Let us pray for rain, get the game postponed and moved back to balmy April when the pitch will be lovely for our silky passing skills again !

cityno1ledgend

havent we got the covers :S

heathy1

Maybe we ordered absorbant covers by mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.