• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

That Gap - What to do?

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I didnt draft up my sincere polite OP just for you to do what you're best at - disrupt a thread. You move on, or move over! Let people who are politely sharing their valuable views continue to contribute. Stop dragging the thread off topic with your own shortsited views - Muppet!
Fair enough. Consider me gone off this thread and consider me a muppet (Animal please).

Matt Russell

I didnt draft up my sincere polite OP just for you to do what you're best at - disrupt a thread. You move on, or move over! Let people who are politely sharing their valuable views continue to contribute. Stop dragging the thread off topic with your own shortsited views - Muppet!
Got to ask.
Did you mean shortsighted or were being critical of the NOG length...............................again?

PeteUSA

Got to ask.
Did you mean shortsighted or were being critical of the NOG length...............................again?
Thank you for that Matt. I saw your name at the tail-end and I thought Ah! Some Sense! I'm disappointed in you sinking to the level of one or two others. Never mind, I'll take it, it keeps the thread on top of the heap.

PeteUSA

Agreed. A nice to do if funds permit - although I guarantee they will never permit!
Martin, I feel compelled to ask since you're probably in the know. How can you guarantee that "they will never permit" so vigorously? Please respond before you log off.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Martin, I feel compelled to ask since you're probably in the know. How can you guarantee that "they will never permit" so vigorously? Please respond before you log off.
Football as an industry, is a "busted flush". The direction of travel always seems to be "spend, spend, spend". This causes huge financial pressures across the industry which drives up costs for everyone. Money has a tendency to evaporate quickly and ECFC is no exception. In order to compete we must spend the cash we have earned from windfalls.

It would be lovely to think that ECFC could amass enough money to spend on luxury items like this, but sadly I don't ever see it happening.

PeteUSA

Football as an industry, is a "busted flush". The direction of travel always seems to be "spend, spend, spend". This causes huge financial pressures across the industry which drives up costs for everyone. Money has a tendency to evaporate quickly and ECFC is no exception. In order to compete we must spend the cash we have earned from windfalls.

It would be lovely to think that ECFC could amass enough money to spend on luxury items like this, but sadly I don't ever see it happening.
Thank you. My only point would be, does the camera issue come under "luxury items"? As of yet no mention has been made about the cost or whether it would be classed as a luxury?

i8cornwall

Fully agree with this.

I've said this before in other posts but unless it's going to get us promoted the club shouldn't be wasting money on it.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thank you. My only point would be, does the camera issue come under "luxury items"? As of yet no mention has been made about the cost or whether it would be classed as a luxury?
If you surveyed the majority of city fans and asked them where this type of cost would sit, I would expect the majority to consider it a luxury that brings relatively little value for the level of cost.

PeteUSA

If you surveyed the majority of city fans and asked them where this type of cost would sit, I would expect the majority to consider it a luxury that brings relatively little value for the level of cost.
Thanks Martin. You'll forgive me if I dont go along with your "surveying the majority of City fans" theory. There's no way that your suggestion can be arrived at when we have no idea how much the switch would cost. Further to that as I previously stated, two top level employees of the club showed support for this being looked into last season. Not surprisingly they and many others are put off from commenting by comments from the FBH's of this world.

IndoMike

I think the main thing is to use the GAP for something which can add a bit of income.