• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Thank you Pierce Sweeney!!! (To Swindon Town and now Exeter)

older-codger

If you are Irish you are almost obliged to dislike the English (part of course from real loyalists). Was in the Republic on the day of the Germany match and the place was full of cars flying the German flag.

Does anyone know anything about this chap? Is he any good? Can't wait to see the club post what he can do

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Are you really upset that an Irish person wanted England’s opponents to win? Even if it was likely tweeted as a joke?
Quite. It's like Pierce suggesting he's like whoever Argyle's opponents are to give 'em a good pasting.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Like a new signing
Maybe we can even spin this one into a marquee signing.

Banksy

Would suggest to me that Stubbs won’t be back anytime soon
Groan , fair point.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Or was it craic as they say in Dublin?!
Is it me, or does he look like he's lost a bit of weight?
Probably been sheeting himself silly after signing for Swindon then finding out what's going on there.

malcolms

I realise that some people will see it differently, but I can't help thinking/hoping there was a better option to spend the budget on...After all. he did turn down the offer we made and in my opinion, that should have ended the issue.

Grecian Max

Looks like he's slimmed down in order to get himself a contract at Swindon ffs 😂

Grecian Max

Maybe we can even spin this one into a marquee signing.
Sweeney's shirt is the size of one

Alfie 1966

If you are Irish you are almost obliged to dislike the English (part of course from real loyalists). Was in the Republic on the day of the Germany match and the place was full of cars flying the German flag.
And yet on Claire Byrne R.T.E. today why is it when the Irish follow these English players in there Premier clubs ie Liverpool Leeds Man U ?