• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Thank you Pierce Sweeney!!! (To Swindon Town and now Exeter)

ElTorro

Welcome back Pierce

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Got stronger as the season went on last year, welcome back Sweenz.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pleased to see him back I think we should have a competition to come up with appropriate songs
From Swindon's viewpoint, it would be the Groucho Marx song, "Hello, I must be going".

dontpassback

A good addition,didn’t work out at swindon so hopefully he can carry on where he left off

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
wtf are we doing resigning a player who for 5 years has not helped us moved forward and was distinctly average in the squad…
Hasn't he? Funny, I could have sworn that we've finished in a higher position in the last five seasons than we did in the previous five.

robchave

Most L2 defenders are 'limited', but one asset Sweez does have is his ability to put a good cross into the box. Watching the Euros, there's plenty of so-called, top-class internationals who can't seem to beat the first man.
He's definitely a good squad player and, if we sign no-one better, is capable of doing a good job for us.

geoffwp

I realise that some people will see it differently, but I can't help thinking/hoping there was a better option to spend the budget on...After all. he did turn down the offer we made and in my opinion, that should have ended the issue.
It's been said, but it seems to me that if a player fits with what is needed and is good enough, then it really doesnt matter if he turned down an offer. Who cares? I dont feel snubbed, do you? We offered him a contract so we have to assume the manager thinks he can do a job. Nuff sed.

Rosencrantz

For most people on here, he could just as easy be Tyson Fury's dad.
I wouldn't mess with big John Fury, he's the hard nut of the family. Likes a sing song as well as Tyson does though 😉

Average Joe

I welcome Sweeney back with open arms. We'd have to pay semi decent money for a player of his calibre and the fact he is free, knows the club. It's integral we have mature players around when we're overhauling the squad. Sweeney will have to step up and show other players what the club means to fans. Squad overhauls can easily go downhill without guidance or anyone to drive the existing passion into the squad.

ExmouthMart

At least Sweeney will add a bit of balance to the difference and marquee players we have signed or are signing in the days and weeks to come.