• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Team for wembley

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Somewhere somehow I'd like to see Kane Wilson play but it can't happen, barring injury, because there is no justification for dropping Sweeney. The only change I'd make from the home leg against Lincoln is to drop Robbie Simpson and play Matt Jay. Stockley needs somebody with some quicker, sharper movement around him. This all said however, I can see Tis reverting back to the away leg formation of the Christmas tree giving Harley and Taylor licence to try and join up with Stockley. This will send some on here apoplectic as it would mean Lloyd James will start (who I think gets a rough deal from some of you, he ain't the greatest but he isn't half as bad as some of you make out).

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
I think how we start is key. Last year we started poorly and although once behind we played much better we were chasing the game and unfortunately we couldn't build on that momentum and once we fell behind again it gave Blackpool the chance to slow the game down and frustrate us.

Now Coventry may not be as cynical , but chasing a game on a big Wembley pitch on a hot day with all that adrenaline and pressure isn't easy, so if we can get the first goal it gives us a huge advantage.

IndoMike

Got to admit I thought Tilson did alright against Lincoln, still don't rate him but he's the best we've got in that position at the moment. It's the Tilson, James axis that I really dislike.
How about TAH for Tilson, Sturtz? Agree about James & Tilson. And with James, Tilson and Simpson in the same team I just think we're giving the game away.

IndoMike

Somewhere somehow I'd like to see Kane Wilson play but it can't happen, barring injury, because there is no justification for dropping Sweeney. The only change I'd make from the home leg against Lincoln is to drop Robbie Simpson and play Matt Jay. Stockley needs somebody with some quicker, sharper movement around him. This all said however, I can see Tis reverting back to the away leg formation of the Christmas tree giving Harley and Taylor licence to try and join up with Stockley. This will send some on here apoplectic as it would mean Lloyd James will start (who I think gets a rough deal from some of you, he ain't the greatest but he isn't half as bad as some of you make out).
Wilson could play right-sided in a midfield 4 or 5..

IndoMike

I think how we start is key. Last year we started poorly and although once behind we played much better we were chasing the game and unfortunately we couldn't build on that momentum and once we fell behind again it gave Blackpool the chance to slow the game down and frustrate us.

Now Coventry may not be as cynical , but chasing a game on a big Wembley pitch on a hot day with all that adrenaline and pressure isn't easy, so if we can get the first goal it gives us a huge advantage.
We have to play like we did against Lincoln at home, with no fear, with self-belief, and with the correct team and formation. We can beat them if we start the game with the right attitude, Plllllleeeeeaaaaasssee Tisdale let's not have a "beaten before we start" attitude. Let's not have regrets like we did last year. UTC

Last edited:

Banksy

No fear is the key , play like that from the start , they also will be nervous , a young side.They are not world beaters.If I do fear one player , it's someone whose name begins with M.Mark him out and we'll be on our way.

Last edited:

tonykellowfan

Is too much to ask that supporters actually spell his name correctly?

It's Tillson, with 2 lls, ffs.

IndoMike

Is too much to ask that supporters actually spell his name correctly?

It's Tillson, with 2 lls, ffs.
And even Tony Kellow with two capital letters. Jeez ....sigh

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd start with:

-----------------Pym------------------
Sweeney----JMT---Brown----Moxey
-------------Tillson-James------------
-------Taylor---Harley---Boateng----
---------------Stockley---------------

Then in second half switch to:

------------------Pym-----------------
---------TAH-----JMT----Brown------
Sweeney-----------------------Moxey
--Taylor-Harley-Boateng-Edwards--

Would get us more width to run at their fullbacks.

IndoMike

I'd start with:

-----------------Pym------------------
Sweeney----JMT---Brown----Moxey
-------------Tillson-James------------
-------Taylor---Harley---Boateng----

Then in second half switch to:

------------------Pym-----------------
---------TAH-----JMT----Brown------
Sweeney-----------------------Moxey
--Taylor-Harley-Boateng-Edwards--

Would get us more width to run at their fullbacks.
Why Brown and not Storey - experience? Brown could be a bit rusty