• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Team for wembley

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yep, deadly serious. We have the unusual luxury of having two good keepers with equal strengths; I just think Jonah would be the best choice for this specific game. I thought Olejnik was a shoe-in for last years final having played so well in the lead up games. Surprisingly (to me anyway!) he wasnt selected, and we went on to lose. I know most of the players chose that day to have a mare, but I did think Pym was somewhat wanting on the goal I mentioned.
Surely this must be in contention for the most ludicrous suggestion of the season

NO! NO! A thousand times NO!

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Surely this must be in contention for the most ludicrous suggestion of the season

NO! NO! A thousand times NO!
Don't disagree, except that... reasonably sure Jonah was about to get the call from the subs' bench when Dan Nardiello fired us into dreamland in the JPT at Home Park, so wouldn't be entirely surprised were he to be utilised should it go to penalties on May 28.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Don't disagree, except that... reasonably sure Jonah was about to get the call from the subs' bench when Dan Nardiello fired us into dreamland in the JPT at Home Park, so wouldn't be entirely surprised were he to be utilised should it go to penalties on May 28.
IIRC Pym saved the last pen given against.

OK it was a ****poor pen....

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Depending on how fit he is, I'd plump for Jones in goal. Its a tough call, but I think his mindset would adapt more to the big Wembley stage. He didnt let playing in front of 65,000 at Old Trafford get to him; and an admirable game he had. Last years final v Blackpool was a general nightmare, and nobody played that well. I did however think that Pym might have done better on their goal that went past him from a diagonal shot from the right. It was remarkably similar to Lincolns goal on thursday where indecision and poor positioning were apparent. Pym is pretty much the finished product on every aspect, and I'm certain he's attracting scouts from bigger clubs. His one on one weakness still prevails IMHO.
Dropping our PLAYER OF THE YEAR you have got to be joking.

iscalad

Depending on how fit he is, I'd plump for Jones in goal. Its a tough call, but I think his mindset would adapt more to the big Wembley stage. He didnt let playing in front of 65,000 at Old Trafford get to him; and an admirable game he had. Last years final v Blackpool was a general nightmare, and nobody played that well. I did however think that Pym might have done better on their goal that went past him from a diagonal shot from the right. It was remarkably similar to Lincolns goal on thursday where indecision and poor positioning were apparent. Pym is pretty much the finished product on every aspect, and I'm certain he's attracting scouts from bigger clubs. His one on one weakness still prevails IMHO.
I thought alternate realities were the stuff of science fiction.

IndoMike

it would be incredibly unfair to Pym to replace him with Jones for the Final and I can't imagine it happening at all.

Matt Russell

Dropping our PLAYER OF THE YEAR you have got to be joking.
30th April - Player of the Season post 64.
"Well done Christy! A consistent much improved season, which deservedly scoops the top honour + 5"
Our Arizonan sage is a great admirer of consistency I see - you really couldn't make it up, could you?

Steve H

I say we just won 3-1 so go with the same starting 11.... a bit of consistency and use the pace of the bench when Homer tires around the 55 min mark

elginCity

Our Arizonan sage...
....knows how to get attention.

:p

DPR1901

The only one I'd change is Simpson probably for Wilson with Taylor playing off Stockley.
Exactly this. I thought Kane was superb when he replaced Moxey at Stevenage, can not understand why he hasn't featured since.