• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Team for Ipswich

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
If memory serves me right it was two legs in those days and we lost away at Anfield 5-0.
Yep, went there as well. (tmi)

STURTZ

Pym
Oates - A. Martin - Croll - Woodman
Sparkes - Tilson - Taylor - L. Martin
Jay - Stockley​

I understand putting out a strong team for the FA Cup, there's money in it. Even the big teams won't fill their stadiums for the later League Cup rounds, so going through really doesn't mean much.
Well done temp, no Oates or Sparkes but otherwise spot on

andrew p long

Nicky Law will obviously be out so Tillson can start instead of him. I would then look to rest some of the over 30's; Woodman can replace Deanno, without really weakening the defence; Lee Martin can replace Lee Holmes, who rarely plays two games a week; Abrahams can start in place of Forte, again this doesn't really weaken the side. Other than that, I wouldn't make too many other changes; this is still a game we want to win.
Ah I wish I had said it when I agreed with your analysis. As you have correctly named the four players left out and three out of the four brought in, it is clear you are Matt Taylor and I claim my £5.

budegrecian

One of my better efforts, for a change, although I think Matt Taylor's team selections are certainly easier to predict than his predecessor!

STURTZ

Think Matts team selection was spot on, played other players from the squad (inc Woodman!), rested some of our nailed on first teamers and, most importantly gave some kids a run out. Perfect, and we won as well!

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Think Matts team selection was spot on, played other players from the squad (inc Woodman!), rested some of our nailed on first teamers and, most importantly gave some kids a run out. Perfect, and we won as well!
TBH I think that resting some of our better players really stuck in the throat of Mr Hurst after watching the twitter video.

STURTZ

TBH I think that resting some of our better players really stuck in the throat of Mr Hurst after watching the twitter video.
Yeah "They even took off their good players, brought on kids and still beat us, boo hoo" or something like that.

Not the only one mind, Nicholson on Radio Devon said that Taylor had signalled his beliefs that the cup wasn't as important as the league and he was happy to lose when he brought them on!

Last edited:

LDNGrecian

Well done temp, no Oates or Sparkes but otherwise spot on
Or Croll...

IndoMike

Yeah "They even took off their good players, brought on kids and still beat us, boo hoo" or something like that.

Not the only one mind, Nicholson on Radio Devon said that Taylor had signalled his beliefs that the cup wasn't as important as the league and he was happy to lose when he brought them on!
Are you sure Nicholson said that, because if he did it was a blatant lie. On Devon Live Taylor said exactly the reverse. This Nicholson bloke should not be used again if he makes comments like that.