• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Team for Didcot

Terryhall

The biggest factor as to how we'll do is going to be the pitch. Understandably, there is probably no drainage - and while the club does the best with what they've got, the playing surface will inevitably be rutted and bumpy. Add to that the fact that incessant rain might turn this into a mud-bath, and I its anybodys game.
I didn't realise Google earth could zoom in that far.

babs1

The biggest factor as to how we'll do is going to be the pitch. Understandably, there is probably no drainage - and while the club does the best with what they've got, the playing surface will inevitably be rutted and bumpy. Add to that the fact that incessant rain might turn this into a mud-bath, and I its anybodys game.
Probably naive on Diddy's part but I guarantee the pitch will be as good as the club will be able to make it. They have even postponed the scheduled League game this week to ensure it's in good condition.
In 20 years of watching games at the Loop Meadow I have seen the pitch as a mud-bath and I can only recall one postponement for a waterlogged pitch and that was a monsoon an hour before kick-off.
The weather forecast is dry this week and I predict only good comments about the playing surface come Sunday. It looked excellent for the Brentwood game in previous round.

There is a 15 minute video of Didcot v Brentwood (4th qualifying round) on Youtube. The pitch looks heavy though in fairly good condition and they do not seem to be a team of cloggers.

babs1

Probably naive on Diddy's part but I guarantee the pitch will be as good as the club will be able to make it. They have even postponed the scheduled League game this week to ensure it's in good condition.
In 20 years of watching games at the Loop Meadow I have seen the pitch as a mud-bath and I can only recall one postponement for a waterlogged pitch and that was a monsoon an hour before kick-off.
The weather forecast is dry this week and I predict only good comments about the playing surface come Sunday. It looked excellent for the Brentwood game in previous round.
Obviously I meant to say I have never seen the pitch as a mud bath!

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
No surprise days of the old Ronnie radford Hereford bog are a thing of the past

One thing I don't want to hear if we don't win is the pitch excuse as it's the same for both sides

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
No surprise days of the old Ronnie radford Hereford bog are a thing of the past

One thing I don't want to hear if we don't win is the pitch excuse as it's the same for both sides
Agreed, same as the ref , tv cameras etc.

crocks

High tempo from the start...dont let them settle and play their game.

In theory it sounds a good idea to start with Morrison but he is so utterly useless, its a waste of a shirt. I would put Nicholls and Nichols up front....Wheeler out wide right, Nobes pulling the strings in midfield with Harley in front. And I would actually like to see McCready in midfield...he played their at Cheltenham last season and battled and fought for the ball very well.

Grecian2K

I'd certainly go with Big Clint to start, just to ruffle them up a bit, before bringing on nippier striker(s) to shred them once they are suitably chastened.
Ayethenku! ;)

Last edited: