• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Team for Didcot

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
----------Pym----------
Ribs---Brown--Tilson-----J.M.T
-------Nobel---Harley
Wheeler------Jay------Watkins
-----------Clint

Joel Grant would get lumps kicked out of him all game and I feel the same goes for Tom.
So would Matt Jay. Manny (if fit) should play.

p.s. David Nobel is dynamite!

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bobby
Ribs brown JMT woodman
Wheeler oyeleke Noble Watkins
Nicols jay

I'd give Holmes and Harley a rest, and good to give Jay and Watkins game time against a team we should beat comfortably (but probably will make very hard work of)

Grecian2K

I'd certainly go with Big Clint to start, just to ruffle them up a bit, before bringing on nippier striker(s) to shred them once they are suitably chastened.

MagzECFC

So would Matt Jay. Manny (if fit) should play.

p.s. David Nobel is dynamite!
Auto correct.

Last edited:

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Don't expect particular problems with the pitch.

We need to be positive. Would agree with Morrison starting and need as much pace and height elsewhere as possible. Be ready for a battle as they will be fired up.

tonykellowfan

I would start with Grant and Nichols up front.

This is an ideal game for Grant, as his pace and skill will be very difficult for Didcot to deal with and this would be a good game for Grant to boost his confidence.

babs1

We can not allow a repeat performance against Didcot and should take the game to them. My main concern is that they will like Warrington be a physical side and again (although it almost seems like using playground language) try to bully us. If I was their manager and have watched City that would be my tactics because we are not a physical team do not play that and sadly can be bullied. Tippy tappy football is not going to see us through to the next round. To succeed Tisdale will have to drastically change his approach and send them out with the instruction to battle and earn the right to play their game but I am worried because it has been shown so many times that Agincourt type battle cries are not Tisdale's way with apologies for repeating this again we are susceptible to bullying tactics and Didcot will know that this is definitely our Achilles Heel.
I'm sure that Diddy will be 'up' for this one but I re-iterate - our pitch is by no means bad and for this level is very decent - Oxford Utd and Reading have both hosted Reserve games at our place precisely because our pitch is decent.

As for us being like Warrington and possibly a physical side we are currently top of the Fair Play League for the Southern League South & West Division (i.e. the least number of cautions etc) so we aren't known as a dirty side. I hope that the Diddy lads roll their sleeves up and give it a right go....it's the only way we'll give you a competitive game...but I don't think for one minute we'll be perhaps the clogging outfit you might be expecting.

Terryhall

I'm sure that Diddy will be 'up' for this one but I re-iterate - our pitch is by no means bad and for this level is very decent - Oxford Utd and Reading have both hosted Reserve games at our place precisely because our pitch is decent.

As for us being like Warrington and possibly a physical side we are currently top of the Fair Play League for the Southern League South & West Division (i.e. the least number of cautions etc) so we aren't known as a dirty side. I hope that the Diddy lads roll their sleeves up and give it a right go....it's the only way we'll give you a competitive game...but I don't think for one minute we'll be perhaps the clogging outfit you might be expecting.
Good to hear. Hope it's a good clean competitive game (not least because even in League Two I always feel that we do better against teams who actually try to play the game than we do against teams who set out to be physical)

crocks

Excellent. A team that will try to play football against City....thats what we like. :)

malcolms

After reading this thread, I should think they have radically altered their plan and now intend to kick the **** out of us...... I suspect we are the only team that refuses to adjust to a more physical game when the other team is lightweight...... :S