• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Taunton PSF.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
He has the talent and this is a big season for MJ
It always seems that every season is a big season for him. Much as I like his endeavours he isn't going to make it as an EFL striker

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
It always seems that every season is a big season for him. Much as I like his endeavours he isn't going to make it as an EFL striker
He isn't a striker imho, his best positions are in behind a front man or a free role just in front of the central midfielders, at times he did well in these roles last season.

Technically he is decent and he has a good engine.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
He isn't a striker imho, his best positions are in behind a front man or a free role just in front of the central midfielders, at times he did well in these roles last season.

Technically he is decent and he has a good engine.
Unfortunately, there a lot more players for whom this is their ideal role than there are positions in teams for them. Most teams don't play with someone in that role and the ones that do tend to do so because they've got someone who's outstanding and can justify shaping the team around them. There are too many players who can "do a job" there. Its like the non-position position.

Dannyred

I thought he was a class act a few times last season especially against Lincoln away with a great goal. I hope you’re wrong as I feel he has the ability to make it,We will see.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
There were too many long balls to Fisher last night that he had no chance of getting to.
There was, but he also needed to compete harder for them and not give the defender an easy header clear. The only long ball a City player knocked on was Seymour because he wanted to compete for it.

Hopefully like Flackie always used to, Fisher turns it up when the real games get going and is just using friendlies as a fitness exercise. He will need to if he is to displace Bowman who doesn't seem to know how to take it easy, friendly or not. I can't see that Matt is going to be in two minds for the first game.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Unfortunately, there a lot more players for whom this is their ideal role than there are positions in teams for them. Most teams don't play with someone in that role and the ones that do tend to do so because they've got someone who's outstanding and can justify shaping the team around them. There are too many players who can "do a job" there. Its like the non-position position.
Not sure about that, a lot of teams play with one striker and someone in behind.

I'm not saying we should do this with Jay however it is a position that is often utilised by teams.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
If A Trialist / Charlie Seaman signs on, we then have cover in every position. Maybe we will see him get half an hour tomorrow at Torquay.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Or not see him get half an hour against Torquay on Tuesday

exeter-loyal

There were too many long balls to Fisher last night that he had no chance of getting to.
I hope we're not going back to playing long ball again.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Or not see him get half an hour against Torquay on Tuesday
The game is tomorrow.