• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tannoy

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is it all round the ground or just on the Big Bank? It was crap yesterday, would've been better with out it.
Just as bad in the WTS or whatever it is called now and probably as bad as I have ever heard it or rather not heard it. In fact because of this it was never really easy to appreciate what was happening or when we should have clapped regarding the laying of the wreath for the 96.

The chap who laid it was visibly upset as he walked back towards us. Does anyone know who he was.....a supporter or a representative of the Club staff?

abertom

Just as bad in the WTS or whatever it is called now and probably as bad as I have ever heard it or rather not heard it. In fact because of this it was never really easy to appreciate what was happening or when we should have clapped regarding the laying of the wreath for the 96.

The chap who laid it was visibly upset as he walked back towards us. Does anyone know who he was.....a supporter or a representative of the Club staff?
Why don't they just pre record the announcements until Tannoy's replaced? The starting line up, sponsors etc don't need to be live

grecian109

From a health and safety perspective simply not good enough. It has been in its current state for a long period of time and could potentially be dangerous in times of an evacuation such as against Carlisle whereby audio announcements are almost impossible to hear. It has been like this for a period of time now and is potentially dangerous. Personally, I would struggle to see how the club could defend that reasonable action has been taken to overcome the issue / argue it reasonable not to take any action.

Steve H

Is also not good enough for the 50/50 draw..... half the time I have no idea if I shave the wining ticket until they announce the winner and even then you don't hear their name

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Is also not good enough for the 50/50 draw..... half the time I have no idea if I shave the wining ticket until they announce the winner and even then you don't hear their name
Didn't once upon a time we had the numbers chalked up on a board which was walked around the pitch (it may have been for the golden goal though).

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
The draw results were put on Twitter at half time. The first time I remember that happening. It should happen for every game and at least whilst the tannoy is so poor

Why the t annoy hasn't been sorted is an absolute disgrace.
Don't know if I've mispercieved this but is it only when Mark is announcing ? Some announcements transmitted fine, seemed to be when they were by someone else....wireless / hardwired or could the wavelength of an individual's voice make a difference ?

Just throwing it out there.

dontpassback

The guy who laid the wreath is called dave i beleive and i think he runs the sponsor firm CPM,i also think he is from merseyside so the wreath laying was a nice gesture,its just a pity our tannoy couldnt let everyone know what was happening !

stumpynadge

I emailed the club earlier this season regarding the poor PA system, and I didn't even get a reply. I bet if I emailed them about booking corporate hospitality, they'd reply quick enough.
I didn't attend the Carlisle game when we had the smoke grenade evacuation incident, I hope it worked well enough then, I hope.

And a previous poster is correct, the music plays perfectly, it's only when the announcer does his stuff. If the mic is wireless, that could be the problem. Maybe it needs a good old fashioned mic lead, hardwire the bloody thing.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
The guy who laid the wreath is called dave i beleive and i think he runs the sponsor firm CPM,i also think he is from merseyside so the wreath laying was a nice gesture,its just a pity our tannoy couldnt let everyone know what was happening !
A real shame this moment was missed by the majority because of the Tannoy - wasn't until the wreath was carried down to the big bank to the strains of YNWA that people twigged what was happening -