• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Swindon Town v Exeter City FC Matchday Thread

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
This was worse than the away game at Orient,
I didn't think that was humanly possible.

wiveygrecian

I didn't think that was humanly possible.
it was not as bad as Orient at all,Swindon did nothing second half and Taylor , Duffy and Hamer kept them quiet.

ronniej

loads of beer great company UP[ THE CITY .IM ****** AND IKNOW I AM

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The free kick by Harley on to the bar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGDxiojqu48

I also managed to accidentally record some 90 seconds of the roof of the Arkells Stand, its tempting to put that up on to You Tube as that is probably more entertaining than that provided on the pitch!

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
You just can't argue with the result. Neither keeper had much to do and neither side really looked like scoring. Our delivery to the front three (and then two) was not good enough.

Highlight was the goal music which was played even though the Swindon goal was ruled out for offside.
There were numerous chances in the first ten minutes, are you sure you were at the game, postie?

I agree with many posters before me.

Hamer had a brilliant game and his kicking was brilliant, he made some great saves and occasionally flapped but something which will probably be worked out of his game.

Taylor was fantastic as well, a rock of defense and was everywhere .

Tully, got ripped apart . Mainly it was because of the wingers pace and because he kept of standing off him.

I thought O'flynn and Nards didnt have great games and Harley really wasnt in it.

dommers

Tully, got ripped apart . Mainly it was because of the wingers pace and because he kept of standing off him.
It was because he's not good enough as a full back in league one.

vinniehub

Would agree with most said here, but surprised no-one seems to have commented on our continual waste of set-pieces, particularly on a day when open play wasn't effective. You had a Swindon attack who couldn't hit the proverbial cow's bum with a banjo, against a City side who were reluctant to go anywhere near the cow. It started with the usual corner-that-doesn't-beat-the-first-man trick so we resorted to short corners which usually resulted in us being forced back up to the touchline towards halfway. Several free kicks in good areas came into that category too. I'm not one for lumping the ball aimlessly forward but occasionally, even by way of a bit of variety we could have aimed corners and free kicks towards the big lads who had gone up, only to find themselves scampering back towards their own goal to try and stop Swindon breakaways.
I thought Matt Taylor was head, shoulders and torso above everyone else on the pitch, and but for him, Hamer and Swindon's woeful finishing we could have been dead and buried by half time.
Overall a match to forget and one of those occasions where you walk back to the car and be enormously thankful for how far we've come since our Conference years.

Mr.Sparkle

Taylor - MOTM.
Happy with the point after a poor performance.
Good turn out from City, well done all, t'was freezing today!

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Happy with the draw and happy with the clean sheet.