• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Sunday Football for Lower Leagues

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looks like it really is a bad idea. i just thought maybe the crowds would be better..
The problem these days...SkyTV...A whole Sunday’s coverage from 1230 to 1800 on most Sundays.

Even without the broadcast,I doubt there would be a improvement on attendance figures.
The season I mentioned 73-74,there were some fantastic crowd figures,but it was novelty value & would not have been sustainable for any length of time.

Oldsmobile-88

Didn't we play on a Sunday in the FA trophy? It was the week before Christmas as I got a free mince pie. The game was rubbish and the crowd was sober
Played a few times in the Trophy & FA Cup..Truly dreadful atmosphere’s..

LOG

I don't like having to go to work the day after a 3pm kick off as you can't enjoy the post match largers lol so it's a nay from me.

IndoMike

I don't like having to go to work the day after a 3pm kick off as you can't enjoy the post match largers lol so it's a nay from me.
If it were 10 a.m - 12 p.m?

manc grecian

I'm still in my undercrackers at that time on a Sunday.

LOG

That would make it worse as there would be greater temptation to go out after (beer)

Whilst i might be out of me undercrackers by 10am, i'm unlikely to be contemplating leaving the house. I'm also unlikely to be able to stomach a City pasty at that time of day.

IndoMike

I'm still in my undercrackers at that time on a Sunday.
Crikey, i get up at 5 every morning.

Red Bill

For me one of the best things about supporting a lower league club is that you know that games kick off at 3.00pm on a Saturday. I'm a bit of a traditionalist in some ways and Sunday has always been a feet up chilled kind of day for me and the thought of the 90 mile drive down to SJP is unappealing, so its a definite no from me.

Avening Posse

No good for ex-pats in this neck of the woods, would mean having to try and listen in the early hours of monday morning :(, and just on Indo and Jason's point on missing out on glory, I just wanted to say I did make the trials for Westcliff Junior School in Dawlish in the late 70's and am pleased to say I made the team B-)

IndoMike

That would make it worse as there would be greater temptation to go out after (beer)

Whilst i might be out of me undercrackers by 10am, i'm unlikely to be contemplating leaving the house. I'm also unlikely to be able to stomach a City pasty at that time of day.
Match --> Sunday roast at good pub with a pint --> home -- snooze