• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Summer 2019 - Possible signings

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
He scored loads of goals for Swindon in league one 3/4 years ago

andrew p long

Ryan’s excellent diagram shows 29 players on permanent contracts and suggests five additional signings. Plus Theo Simpson already out on loan. That’s 35 players. Plenty enough quantity......

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ryan’s excellent diagram shows 29 players on permanent contracts and suggests five additional signings. Plus Theo Simpson already out on loan. That’s 35 players. Plenty enough quantity......
Yeah, squad looks a little bloated in places. Especially with senior pros. Would like to see the likes of Aaron Martin getting in the side or getting out of the club.

IndoMike

Yeah, squad looks a little bloated in places. Especially with senior pros. Would like to see the likes of Aaron Martin getting in the side or getting out of the club.
Yes, a continuation of the Martin issue of last season would be unsustainable and intolerable.

IndoMike

He scored loads of goals for Swindon in league one 3/4 years ago
He's obviously got it in him - the question is whether he "wants it enough" and if he is one of these guys who just can't settle down and get on with it. He is 27 iinm so it's time he fulfilled any potential that he has.

davecg

Yes, a continuation of the Martin issue of last season would be unsustainable and intolerable.
Was there an issue last season? Dara got a chance and took it, he become too good to drop. Unfortunate for Martin but I'm not convinced there was a fall out

Banksy

He's obviously got it in him - the question is whether he "wants it enough" and if he is one of these guys who just can't settle down and get on with it. He is 27 iinm so it's time he fulfilled any potential that he has.
Sounds a bit like a certain Reuben Reid doesn’t he? Don’t know what to make of him just hope he can do the business for us if he does sign , being brutal ,we can’t afford any costly mistakes , we already have Forte signed on and potentially doing nothing now.

IndoMike

Sounds a bit like a certain Reuben Reid doesn’t he? Don’t know what to make of him just hope he can do the business for us if he does sign , being brutal ,we can’t afford any costly mistakes , we already have Forte signed on and potentially doing nothing now.
I don't know for sure, Banksy : just judging from the video clips he scored a lot of goals inside the 6 yard box - some would say scrappy but you have to be there to put it in. I think that's just what we need. I think he looks more nippy than Reuben. This is all first impression stuff on my part, but I think he could get 15+ goals for us if he joins

Last edited:

IndoMike

Was there an issue last season? Dara got a chance and took it, he become too good to drop. Unfortunate for Martin but I'm not convinced there was a fall out
The issue was that a bloke who started very well suddenly never got a look in, despite injuries to Moxey and Brown at various times

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Clearly an issue. Even Sweeney was playing at CB ahead of Martin when everyone else was injured. Martin started the first 15+ games and by all accounts looked decent. He then plays (twice?) again for the rest of the season! If that doesn't shout 'fall out' then don't know what does.