• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stewart out for the season

JamieEcfc

Stewart, Stanno And Taylor All Out, THe Biggy there is Matt Taylor Although Troy and Edwards seem quite strong at the back i just dont think the Communication is up to scratch!

ECFC TOM

Losing Stewart to injury is a massive loss. I'm sure Harley can do a good job, however Stewart's experience could've been vital. That was probably Marcus Stewart's last ever professional game in that case.

stuford

harley was okish but seemed to lack a bit of killer instinct. Troy and Edwards were excellent and Tully and Gill also really played well.
As a team we should be really pleased with the result against a really hard Brentford side. The ref was terrible with all decisions going Brentford's way.
I was just a bit disappointed with Macc's performance especially when he missed that sitter near the end. Still we should be able to do a job on Wycombe!
Come on city..

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I was just a bit disappointed with Macc's performance especially when he missed that sitter near the end...
Great chance, definately. Sitter, don't think so. He should have chanced his arm on his swinger when the ball came over in the first instance but having not taken the chance he did everything right but score with his right foot. He used the defender as a shield so the keeper couldn't see the shot (he was rooted to the spot) but just didn't get enough curl on his shot and missed the post by an inch or two.

josh4ecfc64

Well-known Exeweb poster
Harley did well, keeps possesion well which is vital of him. When we are counter attacking he can often be a bit slow on the ball but that wasn't an issue today.

Shame about Stewart, do you think he will carry on next year?

stuford

Yep maybe not quite a sitter as you say but a real shame. I think he just delayed a bit. Maybe a straight volley the moment he received the ball but in the heat of the moment its difficult to say.

However I was still a little disappointed with his game. Macc has the right build for a stiker and some pace as well. All this but he still didn't seem to make the most of the game.

the bleeding ref annoyed me no end!!!

Could still be automatic.

stuford

Harley did well, keeps possesion well which is vital of him. When we are counter attacking he can often be a bit slow on the ball but that wasn't an issue today.

Shame about Stewart, do you think he will carry on next year?
Hi Josh,
Not sure about him continuing next year. I think he should be ok, not sure how old he is (33/34ish?) if so then he could be ok for another season.

Harley
I do like Harley he does have skill but just sometimes he looks like he doesn't have an aggressive atitude on the pitch- he pulled out of a challenge or two yesterday.

Do you remeber a loan player we had about three seasons ago called Scully- I think he went to Crawley. He had an excellent style on the pitch, went for every ball, quite aggressive and skilful. Take Scully's aggression and give it to Harley then Harley would be bleeding great.

heathy1

Hopefully he doesnt have Scully's desire for huge wages and long contracts!!

geoffwp

the bleeding ref annoyed me no end!!!
Mornin Stu. How was your taxi ride?? Why is it that we seem to be blessed with officials in L2 who seem no more competent than BSP???

stuford

Geoffwp,
Taxi fine mate! I think it's just the home bias but yesterday he was really bad. Yep some of the Blue S P refs were quite up to the job.

Now then Geoffwp is there anyway you can make Lincoln? Bring family!!!