• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stewart out for the season

jambo

Well-known Exeweb poster
We will miss Stewart, who had started to play very well for us in the 3 man midfield with Gilly & Bertie.

Harley won't give us what Stewart has been giving us - but he'll give us something different. He got better as the game progressed, & he has the ability to play passes which can totally unlock defences...the sorts of passes which Fleetwood can make the most of

cityno1ledgend

Harley played well and i think he can play the stewart role

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm not surprised that Stewart is out for the rest of the season. From what I could make out he has done the same thigh muscle that I had a few seasons bac k and it's the one that takes most of the power when kicking through a ball.

Antony Moxey

Thought Harley did well when he came on, decent passing, tracking, didn't give the ball away and almost tackled too. Contrast with Bertie in the closing stages who either gave the ball away or slipped while in good possession more times than I care to mention, and this after having a pretty good first 70 minutes of the match.

Shame about Stewart though, who's been excellent recently. As soon as he kicked the ball you knew he'd done something to his thigh, hope the early diagnosis is more precautionary than how it actually is.

shabbashaz

Well-known Exeweb poster
am absolutely gutted :-( i am hoping that they are being cautious. when he got injured earlier in the season, they said he would be out for 4 week, but was back after 2. i'm sure he would be just as gutted if he is out for the rest of the season. keeping everything crossed.

fred binneys head

I'm not surprised that Stewart is out for the rest of the season. From what I could make out he has done the same thigh muscle that I had a few seasons bac k and it's the one that takes most of the power when kicking through a ball.
It is Ian - when he called for Tis to make the sub I heard him shout "I've got to come off gaffer, I've done the same thigh muscle as the one Ian Harris did".

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thought Harley did well when he came on, decent passing, tracking, didn't give the ball away and almost tackled too. Contrast with Bertie in the closing stages who either gave the ball away or slipped while in good possession more times than I care to mention, and this after having a pretty good first 70 minutes of the match.

Shame about Stewart though, who's been excellent recently. As soon as he kicked the ball you knew he'd done something to his thigh, hope the early diagnosis is more precautionary than how it actually is.

100% right Ant! I would just add that I saw Ryan actually make a couple of very telling tackles today - I thought he did very well for someone who's been out of the first team for quite a while...........

Grecian2K

I thought he did very well for someone who's been out of the first team for quite a while...........
Seconded Terry....and (it was hard to say for sure from the away end) but wasn't it Ryan who released Stuey for our goal????

iscalad

Seconded Terry....and (it was hard to say for sure from the away end) but wasn't it Ryan who released Stuey for our goal????
I think 1750 fans would say yes:)

TimG

sh*t this is really bad news first stanno now stewie. Hope this doesnt cost us gunna be relying on fleetwood alot til the end of the season i think