• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stewards

ECFC traveller

Today I got told of for throwing an INFLATABLE banana into the air when we scored, and a steward said if it happens again i'll be banned for this season and next, he then went onto say it's a health and safety issue and can be treated as a missile (Does this mean we aren't allowed balloon or anything?)...

We must seriously have THE worst stewards in the league..?

Also a man got told off (Not sure if he got kicked out) for picking his kid up to see the match, I mean is this a joke or something?

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
At the risk of an uber-whoosh but why would you want to bring an inflatable BANANA to a City v Tranmere game?

In the present overheated PC climate, is it not possible that said official might have (mis)construed it as a potentially racist gesture?

ECFC traveller

At the risk of an uber-whoosh but why would you want to bring an inflatable BANANA to a City v Tranmere game?

In the present overheated PC climate, is it not possible that said official might have (mis)construed it as a potentially racist gesture?
I found an inflatable banana, so I brought it...No racial remark intended. And that wasn't what the stewards had an issue with it was the health and safety of it being plunged into the air after we scored..

bazza1953

PC is gone mad in this day and age. I don't get the racism bit unless the steward is looking at former racism issue with bananas - if so, he should understand we at Exeter are not racist - would I get the same for an inflatable coconut or orange? what would happen if I brought an inflatable seagull (DIDO) would I be banned in case it sh..?

Liam McNamara

i took an inflatable fried egg up the park in the old cowshed days!

Alistair20000

To feed to Wemissmoxey. Simples.

Surprised you missed that G2K :S

Thames Valley Red

How about the giant inflatable hamburger at Hereford in the 1989-90 season!

Chudleigh Cannon

Not to mention being told by a 12 year old in a dayglo vest that I had to move as I WAS CAUSING AN OBSTRUCTION! by having one foot on the yellow steps as I leant against the barrier.

What gets me is that IF there was an emergency and everyone had to leave then we would all be stood on the yellow to walk out, I wouldn't be leaning on the barrier trying to trip people up whilst the stand was burning around me!

Complete knobs!

Joshyd123

What I don't understand is why the age of the 'stewards' is decreasing week upon week. Some of the younger ones wouldn't go near a bunch of yobs if they started a fight amongst themselves on the top of the Bank or wherever else. Complete bullsh*t.

MikeGrecian

Agree completely but as we all know nowadays it's gone h&s mad,i've had stick for having a foot over the yellow lines and even for taking me time returning to where i was stood during busy games when its chocka but we got to understand that even though they act like prix at times they ARE only doing their jobs and following guidlines they've been given by their 'superiors',nowadays work is scarce to say the least so in a way you can't blame the jobsworths for carrying out their orders.