• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Stewards

GrecianWonder

So would you be if you had to deal with nothing other than divvies who can't follow basic rules.
im sure my patience would wear thin at the 100th question of where is my row....

ECFC traveller

im sure my patience would wear thin at the 100th question of where is my row....
That's what they're paid to do i'm afraid..

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
That's what they're paid to do i'm afraid..
Yeah, and enforce the rules. You really don't get it do you? Always someone else's fault innit. First the smoke bomb thing and now this.

When you walk through those gates, you agree to abide by a new set of rules. There is one which i don't believe is written down, but follow it and you can't go too far wrong. It's something like 'don't act like a tw*t and you'll be ok'.

Last edited:

Roy Hodgson

Yeah, and enforce the rules. You really don't get it do you? Always someone else's fault innit. First the smoke bomb thing and now this.

When you walk through those gates, you agree to abide by a new set of rules. There is one which i don't believe is written down, but follow it and you can't go too far wrong. It's something like 'don't act like a tw*t and you'll be ok'.
He supports the EDL, I do believe that intelliegence has passed him by.

i8cornwall

God we have it pretty good!

You get a bollocking at some grounds for just standing in a seated area for a mere two minutes while letting someone out to go get some food or the bog!

ECFC traveller

I believe nowhere it states in any rules you can't bring inflatables into the ground, as it was blown up as i walked through the turnstyles and they didn't have a problem with it.

ECFC traveller

He supports the EDL, I do believe that intelliegence has passed him by.
I don't support the EDL lol, learn to read threads correctly, thanks

Roy Hodgson

I don't support the EDL lol, learn to read threads correctly, thanks
I did read it. You're a racist and support the EDL. If you don't then youv have some explaining for your comments.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I believe nowhere it states in any rules you can't bring inflatables into the ground, as it was blown up as i walked through the turnstyles and they didn't have a problem with it.
I dunno, they were banned from some grounds not so long ago, but perhaps you throwing it was the problem?

I agree that the steward was perhaps a little over-zealous in threatening to have you chucked out and banned, but stop bitching about stuff like this when you think you've been wronged and have a bit of common sense. There's nothing in ground regulations about rubbing your pasty into the hair of the bloke stood in front of you, but that doesn't mean that you should do it.

FAN-TATIC

At the risk of an uber-whoosh but why would you want to bring an inflatable BANANA to a City v Tranmere game?

In the present overheated PC climate, is it not possible that said official might have (mis)construed it as a potentially racist gesture?
He was told exactly that at Walsall G2K. There is none so blind as those who will not see.