• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Starting line up based on players under contract..

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Now a keeper has been signed, and provided we get another, plus two more quality outfielders, the squad looks in good shape.
I think it's still too early to judge the strength of the squad, especially as I still think we'll see some players departing before the start of the season.

tonykellowfan

I would think that Taylor has bought Atangana to play beside Taylor in the holding midfield, so we can have a 3 of Law, Collins and Williams behind Bowman.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think it's still too early to judge the strength of the squad, especially as I still think we'll see some players departing before the start of the season.
It is too early. The loan signings don't get done until much later in the window.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
We have enough players for two teams (one each half) to play Jersey on Friday!

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Alex Fisher slotting in as a sub displacing Ben Seymour from the 18.

scottus86

----------------Maxter------------
Sweeney-A.Martin-Parkes-Moxey

---------------Taylor-----Atanaga-------
--Williams---------------------------Law
----------------Ajose-----Bowman---------

Ward
Fisher
Jay
Woodman
Collins
Holmes
Warren

Stelios

The trouble with Atangana is I think he's going to be out for at least another 2 months or so I would swap him for Archie for now. I don't like Law on the left.

Oliver

----------------Maxter------------
Sweeney-A.Martin-Parkes-Moxey

---------------Taylor-----Atanaga-------
--Williams---------------------------Law
----------------Ajose-----Bowman---------

Ward
Fisher
Jay
Woodman
Collins
Holmes
Warren

Think you might have forgotten Lee Martin here.

Pobbop

I do not care if Atangana is fit, Collins deserves to be playing as first choice. It would be hugely disappointing if not.

He gets in ahead of Williams or Taylor for me, but we know Taylor is undroppable.

scottus86

I do not care if Atangana is fit, Collins deserves to be playing as first choice. It would be hugely disappointing if not.

He gets in ahead of Williams or Taylor for me, but we know Taylor is undroppable.
Collins will still get his chances this season, he does deserve his place too. It's a hard choice and I don't particularly like the line up I selected. I might have the three midfielders Taylor, Collins/Atangana and Law with Williams or Jay in a freerole in front of them. I just fully expect Taylor to play with 2 strikers and we've got three reasonably good strikes to choose from at this level, plus Forte if he doesn't retire to use in emergency and Seymour knocking on the door too.